• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Get Lumber by just hitting trees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The quickest way i imagine you could do it would be to just set the damage their harvest ability does to zero, and then trigger the lumber increased based on how many work hours your peons have on trees over a given interval of time. Gather gold & lumber: wisp, will do it without sending them back to drop it off, but they wont perform any harvesting animation. Though... i imagine it may not be hard to que them to their harvest animation when chopping. I don't mess with that, because i just seem to have the worst luck in the world when it comes to playing with unit animations! ;)

Level 11
IIRC some fancy pants systems spawn invisible drop off buildings next to the lumber harvesters.

Triggering it entirely is also an option. Eat Tree is an excellent ability to mimic the regular harvesting interface, though of course you have to prevent the actual tree eating.

Level 21
It seems silly, but just give your harvesters the "return lumber" ability from the lumber mill/war mill.

Level 5
OMFW!!! Abishkar... your a genius! That actually does work!

@A]mun can't guarantee it doesn't have unintended consequences, but at a glance, the simple solution Abishkar suggested appears to work beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.