• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I'm Heretic.

I've been fiddling around with the world builder for a while now, and I'm starting on more "serious" projects. I'm looking to learn some tips and tricks, and maybe enlist some help if I can.

So, here I am. =)

Level 24
Welcome to the Hive Work Shop!

Thanks you for joining our ranks and please feel welcome to ask quetions.
For learning to do something I qould reccomend the Hive tutorials as they cover almost
any subject possibe. There is no shame in this every one needs to start somewhere. . .

Posting:

Some pointers include:

-Talk like a normal person! < < < < < < < < < < < <
-Try to solve your problems yourself before posting,
-Try to make descriptive posts not like the following.

"so ya i'm gonna make a map and it's like going to be a TD. . . Is this a good idea?"

If you do not have any details on an idea or post try to develop some before posting.
Do not make any usless spam or smileys 'cause when you do you look like a three year old.

Resources:

The Hive has many resources available for your use. They incude, Models, Skins, Tools
Spells and even Maps.

Please read rules before uploading your own.
Give credit where due.
No pirating or deprotecting of maps permited with out authors permission.

If you want a cool spinning avatar (like mine) with you name or any symbol on it just
contact me at [email protected] with reqeust details and wanted images. Othewise use an avatar of your own or one of the amazing ones supplied by the Hive.

Reputaion:

The safest way to earn reputaion is to just be nice and pleasant. Help where help
is wanted or needed. To give out reputaion you must first have 10 of your won.

Forums:

There are forums for almost any possible need of a War3 modder or person. For map development advice go to Idea Factory. As you will see I am quite active there.

Chat:

Personally I have never accomplished much on the Hive Chat but some times it can be amusing (if childish). You can somtimes get advice their though.

Me:

I am not a moderator or anything nearly as important just trying to help out and make
you feel welcome. As you can see I am by no means a huge name in the Hive but hey, enjoy
anyway.

If you need any help on mapping work just contact me (private message or at [email protected]) and I'll be glad to do whatever I can.

ENJOY THE HIVE!!

Level 2
Wow, talk about a welcome. XD
Thanks!

"-Talk like a normal person! < < < < < < < < < < < <"

Yeah... i was never great with introductory posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.