• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gear Effect

Description
Just a little piece of work I used to learn how quaternions and rotation work. Might be useful for technical or mechanical spells.
I added two version to the pack: A 3D model and a flat one.
Credits
Give credits if you use it in your campaign/map, DON'T distribute to other sites and DON'T edit/take parts from this model without my permission.
Have fun with the model.
Model version
v 1.0: [27th march 2011] Base version.
Keywords:
Gear, Golden, Gears, Mechanic, Tech, Upgrade, Goblin
Contents

Gear Effect (Model)

Gear Effect (Model)

Reviews
05:59, 27th Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: Its well made, looks good, works ingame. Useful buff. I suggest using the 2D portrait alternate version. (3D aint too noticeable ingame unless its scaled up) Good model approved.

M

05:59, 27th Mar 2011
anarchianbedlam: Its well made, looks good, works ingame. Useful buff. I suggest using the 2D portrait alternate version. (3D aint too noticeable ingame unless its scaled up) Good model
approved.

Or eny body that has item recipys, like dota? *hint hint icefrog* but lots of uses for all sects of creators.

pretty sweet man, you make alot of really sweet models.

are you planning on adding other colors? (tiers mabe? =D)

Not really, but I do plan to make for effects of this theme.

Level 24
I've got a small request.
Can you make a 75% downsized version without the item poof?
I'm using it for a mechanical healing over time ability, where if the target has full health it will go into overdrive and gain increased attack speed.
The item poof keeps reappearing with the gear popping in and out when going into overdrive, it doesn't look pleasing and the model itself is a little too big for the sentry gun model that i'm using (looks fine on towers though).

I've got a small request.
Can you make a 75% downsized version without the item poof?
I'm using it for a mechanical healing over time ability, where if the target has full health it will go into overdrive and gain increased attack speed.
The item poof keeps reappearing with the gear popping in and out when going into overdrive, it doesn't look pleasing and the model itself is a little too big for the sentry gun model that i'm using (looks fine on towers though).

There you go.

Attachments

• Effect_MechanicGears_75.mdx
    31.1 KB · Views: 54