• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Gathering" Food Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone,

Recently I was talking to a friend who is a fellow Warcraft 3 player, and he suggested to me a game mode in which your food supply would only go up by hunting it. We mulled it over and thought that it may be possible to assign a food value to a neutral unit which serves as "game" to hunt, and you simply use some kind of ability to acquire this unit that was assigned a food level, and when you create a new unit, that game is used in the units creation cost.

What is your opinion on this? I myself am not incredibly skilled at UMSWE, but would like to take this challenge on with my friend. If you understand what I'm asking and think you could help, it would be greatly appreciated! :grin:

Level 12
Yes it could be done, make it like, Unit kills a unit, creates a building giving 1 food suply to the killer
or unit bringing back an item gets that building, i could make a map showing it
Done

Attachments

• Food System.w3x
    19.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Level 2
kevv2 thank you SO much this is extremely helpful to my friend and I. We're looking it over right now and I gotta say its amazing. Thank you so much!!

Level 12
no problem :) im here to help :p
oh yeah and right now its a 4 player map and works for the 4 players :D to show how it works i set tht the Farms have sight, but if u make them without sight during Day and Night they will be invisible

Level 2
I hope 'm not asking too much, but i have another question.

Is there a way to have all units health slowly "decay"? You see our goal is to create a bit of a civilization "survival" game in which you must gather your food (something that you've already helped us with :D) then "eat" (consume may work better for the sake of argument) that food to heal damage and for fatigue (the decaying health).

This seems like it might be a stretch (although so did the first thing, and I was wrong about that one wasn't I?) but you would know better than me. Do you think it could work? Thanks again. :D!

Level 12
Yeah thats a simple trigger :) like, set a unit's regeneration to 0 and do this....
  • Decay
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player((Integer A)))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 1.00)
this is customizable, like now it picks player red's up to Brown's unit, if you dont want Brown to be affected by it set it from 1 to 11, Also if a certain kind of unit shouldnt have the Decay, set it so it has more HP regeneration then the amount of HP lsot per second by the trigger right now its 1 HP per 2 seconds, or .5 HP per second to every unit, setting their life regeneration to 0 would make them unable to heal without a potion or an aura giving life regeneration bonus

Level 2
Once again I am very grateful and impressed. I sent it through to my friend, he's working on the whole little project right now. (he's doing all the busy work since he's had the game longer. I just come up with detail ideas and find helpful people/resources like yourself on the internet when he runs into a triggering problem. I'm definitely going to remember your name for if (and when) we run into another problem. Thank you so very much! :D

Level 2
Yeah My friend seems to have figured something out. Idk how ill ask him and share how he ended up going about it. thanks to both of you

Status
Not open for further replies.