• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
how do you get gates(the rolling stome ones) to randomly open and close at random times. i tried using a trigger to randomly open 4 and randomly close 4 but it dident work. the gates dident play their close animation and sometimes the trigger opnened the gates that where already openened can sum 1 plz tell mo how to make this happen?

Level 5
flopydisk said:
how do you get gates(the rolling stome ones) to randomly open and close at random times. i tried using a trigger to randomly open 4 and randomly close 4 but it dident work. the gates dident play their close animation and sometimes the trigger opnened the gates that where already openened can sum 1 plz tell mo how to make this happen?

you wanted the rollin stone gate open and close randomly ?,,,how you want it to be ? or show me your triggers,,which way ya using ?,,its all in Destructible open close or destroy,,Event Conditions Actions must be matchs,,otherwise its wont work.

Level 2
maybe some thing like this?

Untitled Trigger 006
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Wait (Random real number between 0.00 and 20.00) seconds
Destructible - Open Dungeon Gate (Horizontal) 0128 <gen>
Wait (Random real number between 0.00 and 20.00) seconds
Destructible - Close Dungeon Gate (Horizontal) 0128 <gen>
Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions)

Level 3
well so far i have
  • periodic event every 10 seconds
    open random gate in playable map area
    close random gate in playable map area

Level 5
you need to choose which gate to open,, like gate 1 or gate 2 click on it,,open random gate in playable map ? ya open random gate but what gate ? which one ?
you need to click on that gate and order it to open !

Status
Not open for further replies.