• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gates TRIGGER problemes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi everyone, ive got some problems with the -open and -close trigger in a map. My gate open and close when I write it.... It also keep his HP when I damage it than I open/close. The probleme is that when i damage the door and I -open/close it....You can pass ON the door. I mean the door is closed and you can pass like if it would be open...there is the trigger... I need a solution with my trigger if its possible... No new trigger

Ty.

Btw...Sorry for my english its the best I can do. Hope you understand me o_O.

Attachments

• GATES TRIGERS.w3m
    16.1 KB · Views: 78
Level 3
Hey man, thanks for the try but i know this probleme you said. But I created a variable just for that. I store the life of the gate to prevent the re open or close when the gate is destroyed..... My probleme is that when i damage the door, and i open/close the gate have the same life BUT you can pass ON the game....like if it would be open. Whats the goal of a gate if you can't block the enemy -.- Cuz in my map, the gate is FOR THAT, Block the enemy.

Hey tanks for the try Btw....Some people don't even take the time tro try something.

Level 14
Hey man, thanks for the try but i know this probleme you said. But I created a variable just for that. I store the life of the gate to prevent the re open or close when the gate is destroyed..... My probleme is that when i damage the door, and i open/close the gate have the same life BUT you can pass ON the game....like if it would be open. Whats the goal of a gate if you can't block the enemy -.- Cuz in my map, the gate is FOR THAT, Block the enemy.

Hey tanks for the try Btw....Some people don't even take the time tro try something.

I solved it.

Just reverse the order of your second trigger's actions. First close the gate, then change it's life. Currently you change it's life then close. I don't know why that fixes it, but it does.

Level 3
New probleme..

Oh, great. One of my probleme is solved but ive got a new one :). I can now open and close by keeping the life the gate had. Now, wen the gate is dead, you can -close and it will repair -.-.... Oh I think my gates cause me more probleme I tought... Here is the new trigger.

Attachments

• GATES TRIGERS.w3m
    17 KB · Views: 67
Level 14
Hum.... And do you know this trigger? Cuz i tried to find it for 1 hours. Its doesn't works... If you can show it with a map or a picture it would be great thanks.

It's going to take some work I'm afraid... the gate "dies" when you open it.

The condition is "Boolean - destructable dies"

I think you'll have to do the following work around:

Get a trigger that detects when the gate's health is less than 100 but greater than 1, then kill it and turn off the gate triggers. That way when you open it and the gate "dies" and has 0 hit points it won't set off this trigger. I'll make it...give me a minute.

Level 14
Here:

I also changed your triggers so that Player 1 could open and close the gate as well because...well, it's a hell of a lot easier to test a map if player 1 works...you can just click the "test map" button.

Last edited:
Level 3
Strange dude... Didn't works for me. hmm Can I show you the real map? so you will maybe see the problem... Because i cant finish my beta whitout this important trigger. People will abuse of the glitch... PM me if you can let me show u the map.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.