• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gate open model... how to get for unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
i was looking for the way to open a gate as a unit i tried w3 viewer and it had it as "Death Alternate" so i put that as its required animations name and a few other thing when that didnt work and still no luck... i tried deathalternate and Deathalternate and death alternater (i guess that means its not death alternate eh?)

Level 8
maybe i cant use death alternate as the animation name in the object editor like how u get the boulder tower... ill try a trigger and play its death alternate =D if that works then i dont need an open gate unit and i can just used the 1 closed one.

Level 3
Did you get it to work?
The reason why I want to use a unit for gate is that i want the enemys to attack it (not really, but the map would be pretty boring otherwise :p). Like you said, i've tried to use the death alternate, but nothing happened in game. There should be seperate strings for death and alternate, shouldnt it? The human campaigntowers use separate strings .. :?:

Im also trying to give the gate the crow-ability (new ability, changed units (and icons :p). One opened gated morphed into an closed one.
To make it even more cool i have another unit (some humanstuff with sunken ruins bookshelf - its a sunken ruins map) where i can rebuild the gate. I have an upgrade (5 seconds) where it upgrades itself to it self. Then a trigger replaces the smashed gate with a new one. Brilliant! :D :idea: :shock:

Well.. anywho .. if i dont get those animationalteration working .. is there a way (i mean easy way :oops: ) to extract the opened gate so i then can import it?
Oh wait ... Heh.. Just figured one thing out :D
Instead of having that crowformcrap, i can just have a ghost abillity or upgrade witch via triggers kills the door, using the death alternate and then use the antipathblockingtrigger. Uh, instead of killing it, i can just change animation via triggers .. my *** .. i solved it myself :shock: :wink:

Thanks!

Level 3
shiggityshwa said:
There is an action under destructible that is something like "close/open Gate"

Thanks! But, "The reason why I want to use a unit for gate is that i want the enemys to attack it (not really, but the map would be pretty boring otherwise :p)."

That is, if it was me who you answered ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.