• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gate - Horizontal/Vertical- Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
It happens that I am editing a map in which the villagers can create doors and walls. When I put the door model in the structure, it defaults to the horizontal door. Is there a way to choose the vertical door model, in order to build a different structure but oriented in this way?

upload_2019-1-29_9-2-32.png

upload_2019-1-29_9-3-8.png

I can not make it have the vertical model

Level 5
The problem is that there is no "horizontal" or "vertical" models. It's just one model, which you can also see in the path for the model:

upload_2019-1-29_13-23-0.png

... And by default that model is turned that particular way. I believe though, that building have a fixed angle, so you don't have an easy way of chancing it direction. There are some ways to come around this, but not something suitable to your need.

What you could do is, to create a seperate dummy unit with the gate model, when building the door. That dummy unit you could set the direction you wish, and even play it's open/close animation.

Level 6
The problem is that there is no "horizontal" or "vertical" models. It's just one model, which you can also see in the path for the model:

View attachment 314940

... And by default that model is turned that particular way. I believe though, that building have a fixed angle, so you don't have an easy way of chancing it direction. There are some ways to come around this, but not something suitable to your need.

What you could do is, to create a seperate dummy unit with the gate model, when building the door. That dummy unit you could set the direction you wish, and even play it's open/close animation.

How can I do that? :eek:

Level 5
It's an idea, but I honestly have no idea if it would work, and it would require some triggers to set up. Never made gate buildings for a map before - have you looked into it yet?

Level 6
It's an idea, but I honestly have no idea if it would work, and it would require some triggers to set up. Never made gate buildings for a map before - have you looked into it yet?

I already solve it, try not to make me much problem and lower the model of a vertical and horizontal gate, placing it in pathing map, the texture of a vertical and horizontal wall respectively (destructible) thus I fit perfectly. To be opened and closed use the ability to bury the spiders, so just create an open door unit without pathing map, so they can transit on the structure, and closed doors as indicated above. Thanks anyway xd

Level 5
Haha, that's a really interesting solution! Glad to hear that you figured it out ;) I realized as well, that there are quite a few posts about building gates on the forum already, so try and have a look if you get into trouble again.

Status
Not open for further replies.