• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garrison Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So if you've ever played Age of Empires II you probably noticed that garrisoning a unit inside a tower will add a flag to the top of the building.

I am having a difficult time logic-ing my way through how to track when the unit has been unloaded in warcraft 3. There are two ways to unload a unit, by clicking it on the GUI or casting the unload button, and the GUI method is not trackable by triggers as far as I am aware.

Is anyone knowledgable about this sort of thing? The reason it is important is I am adding a sphere (the flag) to the tower when a unit is loaded into transport. That's easy. I am not seeing a good method for taking the flag away for BOTH METHODS of leaving transport.

This will need to work for any number of towers since each tower can hold a single unit and multiple people could have multiple towers with something inside.

These towers also can upgrade and the sphere gets removed naturally when it finishes, so I need a way to track all this stuff in such a way I can easily add the sphere back.

Thanks!!

Level 9
I'm terrible with JASS, and of course the author of that code thought it was a brilliant idea to wrap what I need with completely unrelated material, and I cannot get it to save without name expecting errors in any other map. I followed the instructions.

Edit: I went to a text comparison site to show mine against his trigger and as I thought, they're both completely identical and yet it does not work in even another new map just like his.

Level 9
Since there was no decent explanation of how any of this trigger works in the details can you help me with a few variable references? Here is the "off" trigger before I messed with it. This is how I was trying to do it intially, and below it is what I assumed I should use for the variable references.

• Watch Tower Garrison OFF
    • Events
      • Game - CargoEvent becomes Equal to 2.00
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Watch Tower (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Watch Tower II (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Watch Tower III (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Watch Tower III |c0000ff00+1|r (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Watch Tower III |cffff0000+2|r (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Watch Tower III |cffffffff+3|r (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Watch Tower |cffffcc00IV|r (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Watch Tower |cffffcc00V|r (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to |cffffdeadWatch Tower VI|r (Unique)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Sphere Special (Garrison) from (Casting unit)
different version:

• Watch Tower Garrison OFF
    • Events
      • Game - CargoEvent becomes Equal to 2.00
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) Equal to Watch Tower (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) Equal to Watch Tower II (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) Equal to Watch Tower III (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) Equal to Watch Tower III |c0000ff00+1|r (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) Equal to Watch Tower III |cffff0000+2|r (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) Equal to Watch Tower III |cffffffff+3|r (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) Equal to Watch Tower |cffffcc00IV|r (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) Equal to Watch Tower |cffffcc00V|r (purchaseable)
          • (Unit-type of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) Equal to |cffffdeadWatch Tower VI|r (Unique)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Sphere Special (Garrison) from CargoTransportUnit[UDex]
The sphere is a flag that appears on the watch tower to signify someone is inside.

I'm sure for people who do this every day it is obvious what I am doing wrong. I just wish people who wrote these elaborate scripts would bother to detail things for people who don't. Thank you for helping me so far by the way, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.