• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Game darkens as the camera gets higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have very fast moving units in my map and so I zoom the camera out quite a bit for a high bird's eye view. When I do this, the top of the map gets very dark. I've frozen the time of day, so that's not it. In the editor I can replicate the effect and get rid of it by unchecking "fog" in the editor viewer. But I haven't put any fog in the game, and fog of war is disabled. Is there a way to keep the screen from going dark while I play?

Level 19
  • Actions
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 10000.00 over 0.00 seconds
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Far Z to 10000.00 over 0.00 seconds
    • Environment - Set fog to style Linear, z-start 1000000000.00, z-end 1000000000.00, density 0.00 and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
works
play around with the values until they fit your needs
you probably have to change some other camera options as well
just try it out

Status
Not open for further replies.