• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Game "Crashes" for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
On my map after about five minutes Warcraft III closes.

No error message. No lag. It just all of a sudden goes to the desktop.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Thats the download link for my map. It has memory leaks and its nowhere close to done so just ignore that, I've pretty much given up working on it because of this crash problem.

Level 11
if it crashes with no warning it is because you've created an infinite loop... you should check your triggers for one... ill see if i can find any

EDIT: i played it a little... and yes... it is an infinite loop... for the sound of it... ill see what i can find in the code

Level 2
if it crashes with no warning it is because you've created an infinite loop... you should check your triggers for one... ill see if i can find any

EDIT: i played it a little... and yes... it is an infinite loop... for the sound of it... ill see what i can find in the code

Checking my code was the first thing I did. I can't find anything that activates around 5minutes that isn't a trigger thats always on and therefor should crash earlier.

Does the infinite loop have to be started then, or can it begin looping at the beginning and only be fatal after a certain period?

Level 23
(Deathbringer, quite unnecessary to say that wasnt it...)

If its not an infinity loop, it could also be that you are trying to give an ability to a unit which doesnt exist, or is dead. The same way around would (probably) also cause a crash, if you try to remove an ability on a unit which is dead or removed from the game.

Level 2
There are no triggers to kill or remove units yet, and the crash will happen even if you start the game and don't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.