• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Game Caches, perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey. You should have a look at this tutorial, it explains everything about game cache.
From what I've seen in your triggers, here is what you should do:
  • Don't put spaces in your game cache name ("Chapter One - Cpth01.w3v" -> "ChapterOne" would suffice)
  • The trigger Game Cache - Reload all game cache data from disk is not required, AFAIK
I think that's all. Tell me if it's still not working!

Level 11
Don't worry, you won't have to restart the whole campaign :)
In the trigger Game Cache - Create a game cache from XX.w3v, you don't have to put your map name. You can write whatever you want, like ChapterOne.w3v for example.

I don't think it's possible to rename maps in campaigns, at least not via WE. I think you can export your map, rename it, then import it again (but it's a bit tedious). I don't know if there is another way. Perhaps by manipulating the .mpq file? But anyway, you won't need to edit the name. Just do as I said and you should be fine, like this:
  • Outro
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 030 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero Equal TRUE
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from LightOfDawn.w3v
      • Game Cache - Store Joseph the Faithful 0010 <gen> as JosephMap1 of JosephMap1 in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)
And in next map:
  • Game Cache
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from LightOfDawn.w3v
      • Game Cache - Restore JosephMap1 of JosephMap1 from (Last created game cache) for Player 5 (Yellow) at (Center of Region 009 <gen>) facing (Position of Halahk <gen>)
      • Set JosephFromMap01 = (Last restored unit)
This should do the trick.

First Map:

Second Map:

Attachments

• FirstMapOutro.png
    FirstMapOutro.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 48
  • gfr.png
    gfr.png
    455 KB · Views: 42
  • dfsd.png
    dfsd.png
    401.6 KB · Views: 67
Level 11
No, just the non-working ones ;)
I noticed in triggers that you use the cache actions twice: one in "Outro" trigger and one in "OutroSkip" trigger. Did you change both triggers?

Edit: Oh, didn't see you got it all worked out. Glad I could help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.