• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

gaining mana on hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi! I'm making a map where my units are running along a set path. When they get hurt I want them to gain 1 mana each time they get hit. I've been trying with the trigger editor a bit but I can't seem to get it right.

Level 9
for the event, you'd need a damage detection system. try finding one from the spells section. i've never used one so i don't really know exactly how to apply it.

use this action for adding mana:
  • Unit - Set mana of unitvar to ((Mana of unitvar) + 1.00)
unitvar being whatever the name of your unit variable
1.00 being the amount you wish to add

Level 1
Since this unit is spawning constantly I can't use a specific unit variable, as then only one of the many units gets the effect. This is what I've come up with so far:

• Events
  • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Actions
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (else Action)
  • If -Conditions
  • Unit-type of (triggering unit)) Equals to Xen-pie
  • Then - Actions
  • Unit - Set mana of (triggering unit) to 1.00
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
Xen-pie = my unit (it's a pun, yes yes)

What I'm not sure of is how I should make this line work for me:
  • Unit - Set mana of (triggering unit) to 1.00
As of right now all the units (Xen-pies) actually get one mana if they get attacked, which is just as planned, however they do not get more then one mana, as the trigger is "set mana" and not "add mana" if I put it like that.

Any advice?

Level 12
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + 1.00)
Also use Damage Detection System (GUI Friendly(You can find it here on Hive) to make it only when they are damaged and not when they get attacked (There is a difference)

Level 23
Status
Not open for further replies.