• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
There's really not much you can do on your own besides level up (slowly). You need to be overlevelled and/or geared to solo most bosses if it's even possible. I'd suggest getting some friends together to play with on whatever server you're on.

If you have to play solo I would say pick Squire, take the first quest (at spawn point) and immediately run to Riversdale to hire a Lancer mercenary. This is the safest and quickest way to solo level your very first class. Once you learn the basics, you can try soloing other classes. Make sure to check out the crafting recipes (Mail pieces will be at the blacksmith), and pickup materials accordingly.

EXP is gained on a sliding scale by level difference, being capped at +/-4, so the most efficient way to level up is killing enemies that are exactly at your level. Pickup and use any souls you find. For offensive, you're looking for Attack Power->Strength->Critical Chance. For defensive, you're looking for HP->Armor->All Resistance->Evasion

Follow all the non-boss hunt quests. When you do feel ready for a boss (sufficient gear and level), change mercenary to Shaman for the heals, and get a potion or 2.

Level 8
"*Your warcraft III folder*\Gaiasretaliation\*Your player tag*"
e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\GaiasRetaliation\DGD-Kamina

Your hero will be "*class*-*level*.html"
e.g. Bard-50.html
Your vault will be "vault.html"

Or you could give the Gaias Loader a shot. That way you could load your last saved code by just typing "loadlast" in game.

Level 8
Did you save in game, and did it say save successful? Make sure you're playing in multiplayer mode and are running war3 with admin rights. You can play solo in multiplayer mode by creating a match in Local Area Network.

Level 8
I save in game I follow the command. Well I haven't progress that much so I think I could start it again.
Well, make sure your save is working. Start a game, pick a hero, type -save then check if the file was created. If there's no file, you're doing something wrong or there's some issue with your system (perhaps UAC or antivirus) that you'll need to sort out.

If I play online it still can be loaded right?
Yes

Level 9
Put your light settings on high to get rid of the really dark thing.

And you should just sell items to a shop for gold. Gold can be used to buy recipes, potions, and even mounts at a certain point. If you can't pick up items in your own hero's inventory, then pick them up using your backpack (f2) or the icon below your hero's icon in the top left corner of your screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.