• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Furglewurg

Furglewurg

Model by: Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)

Descriptions:
''Hurr hurr! I'm a giant mushroom humanoid titan with oversized muscles who can wipe out a whole army with only a few hits.''
- Grebgleb, the Furglewurg

This is my submission for the Hiveworkshop's 15th Modeling Contest, where the theme is Collossus.

Model descriptions:
Mesh is made from scratch.
Texture is made from scratch, though the body used the campaign bloodelf texture for references.
Animations taken from Blizzard's ingame Owlbear rig with some edits, plus additional transferred animations.
Portrait model uses Peon animations.

Hints:
- Recommended scale: 2.00
- Recommended selection scale: 3.50
- If you're not using custom soundsets, recommended ingame soundset is Centaur (or Magnataur).
- Spell animation is recommended for a typical taunt ability.
- Spell Slam is useful for warcry or fear abilities.
- Attack Slam is useful for various slam abilities like Pulverize, Bash, Slam and War Stomp.
- Spell Throw is actually intended for matcho pose (cinematic use), but can be used for throwing or casting abilities as well if you want.

YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE THIS MODEL IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this model for your projects as long as you credit me for the model you based it from.

Enjoy! ;)

Keywords:
furglewurg, furgle, wurg, mushroom, shroom, fungus, fungolian, shroomian, humanoid, giant, huge, big, titan, colossus, colossal, muscle, beefcake
Contents

Furglewurg (Model)

Furglewurg (Model)

Reviews
13:52, 21st Dec 2009 BlinkBoy: hmm, I like it, it's a nice concept and everything. However, there are 3 things which I didn't like that much. First, the concept is kinda original but is overloaded in some ways and lacking in other ways. Second, the...

M

13:52, 21st Dec 2009
BlinkBoy: hmm, I like it, it's a nice concept and everything. However, there are 3 things which I didn't like that much. First, the concept is kinda original but is overloaded in some ways and lacking in other ways. Second, the animations don't really match him that good, custom animations could have been better. Finally, the mesh could have been optimized more; I think you wasted a lot of polies which you could have saved for more lacking parts or other gadgets to improve the concept.

Anyways, approved 4/5.

Level 12
Like many other models at the contest, this one is really well made.

The part where it stands out is that it's the only one with a Colossal feeling that fits my view on the matter, hence the only one i may use in my map. You know like, large, feeling heavy, and looking prone to raze towns for fun and stuff...

For this, and the overall quality of the model ( <3 "Attack slam" :eek: ), you got your +rep and a 5/5.

Level 4
Wow this is very great, good job how long did it take for you to make? and if u know how long would it take for teh average modle?