• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Fulfilled by DSG] Hot wheels RETURN BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hot wheels

attachment.php

Attachments

• 风火轮.w3x
    27.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 12.gif
    12.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 444

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
JASS:
unction H2I takes handle h returns integer
    return h
    return 0
endfunction
function I2U takes integer i returns unit
    return i
    return null
endfunction
Um what?! That has not been supported by Warcraft III for many, many years now. Ever since they patched the typecasting exploit out of the game and added GetHandleId with hashtable natives.

Are you asking for someone to maintain that resource and port it to modern Warcraft III?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
We do not need an apology, we just want to know why you made this thread. From our perspective we just have an animated GIF and a map with the text "Hot wheels", which is not really saying much.

Are you trying to get help updating the spell to work with the current version of Warcraft III? Fixing the JASS syntax errors when saving?

Level 7
I think his/her English must be limited. I assume that the spell doesn't work but he doesn't know why. I think the Doctor has the right idea.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Thanks DSG for solving the issue(?)
Honestly I am not sure. It would be really nice if he could give us more information what he wanted.

The fix uses 2 hashtables, one of which can only be used by this sytem. This means it is not really a good solution.

One of the hashtables (PHAN_CKEY) should be made a global used by many systems. The other could be replaced by an array linked list system or by adding a group member. Performance could be increased by making the ability state struct based rather than stored on the timers with separate keys. Complexity could be greatly reduced by synchronizing instance ticks, since then a list structs could be iterated every tick removing the need for the hashtables entirely (and probably boosting performance).

Status
Not open for further replies.