• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frostbite Caverns v4.2 [Beta]

Reactions: Rainbow Evil
Finally finished the Frozen Halls event. Added a new sneak peek on the new boss - Sara (or what seems to be Sara... :p).
Upcoming - Addition of a new boss and either item improvement or difficulty system addition. Yeah, the items aren't really well-developed, and the difficulty system has had a few requests already.

Frostbite Caverns is the first map I create. It is a Boss Fights style map which consists of 5 1/2 (for now) boss fights and is inspired by Psyris's incredible map Impossible Bosses. All bosses have custom made spells, phases, unit summons, etc.

At the start, you get to choose 4 heroes from 6 available heroes. Boss fights are non-stop and in a defined order. Once everyone selects his/her hero, there is a minute break before the first boss to examine and choose abilities and items. After that, once you kill a boss, there is a 50 second break before the next one comes.

Boss Order: -Holy- -Water- -Shadow- -Elemental Mage- -Frozen Halls- -He(She?)WhoMustNotBeNamedYet-

If someone dies in a boss fight and has no reincarnations left, he is revived at the end of the boss fight.

Blademaster (Melee DPS)
Abilities:
-Lightning Blade (Increases attack and movement speed for 10 seconds)
-Mortal Strike (AoE slash that deals damage to units around the hero)
-Critical Strike (Blizzard Default)
-Bladestorm [Ultimate] (Blizzard Default)
-Attribute Bonus

Main Attribute: Agility
Warden (Melee DPS)
Abilities:
-Silhouette Blade (by nerovesper, spawns shadows of the hero in a line. Each deals damage to units they touch)
-Rend (Deals damage over time)
-Bash (Blizzard Default)
-Glaive Barrage [Ultimate] (slightly modified version of Arcane Barrage by Darkyvm, shoots many glaives which deal damage when they hit an enemy unit)
-Attribute Bonus

Main Attribute: Agility
Skeletal Mage (Ranged/Magic DPS)
Abilities:
-Ice Sphere (By -BerZeKeR-, Creates an ice sphere which moves forward, shooting ice shards that damage and slow units near them when they hit a target)
-Frost Blast (Hurls a frost bolt that damages a target)
-Brilliance Aura (Blizzard Default)
-Shatter [Ultimate] (Deals significant damage to a target and everyone around him)
-Attribute Bonus

Main Attribute: Intelligence
Holy Ranger (Strong Healer/Weak Ranged DPS)
Abilities:
-Heal (Modified Blizzard's Holy Light spell)
-Healing Wave (Blizzard Default)
-Multiple Shot (The hero can shoot 3 arrows at the same time)
-Cleanse [Ultimate] (Heals everyone around the hero)
-Attribute Bonus

Main Attribute: Intelligence
Paladin (Melee DPS/Weak Healer)
Abilities:
-Heal (Modified Blizzard's Holy Light spell)
-Sun Ray (by Flame_Phoenix, spawns rays of light that heal allies and damage enemies)
-Critical Strike (Blizzard Default)
-Divine Intervention [Ultimate] (Brings a random dead player's hero back to life with full health and mana and resets all the hero's ability cooldowns. Can be used once per boss fight to rez, or twice per boss to only reset cooldowns)
-Attribute Bonus

Main Attribute: Strength
Mechanical Warrior (Melee DPS)
Abilities:
-Shockwave (Blizzard Default)
-Thunder Clap (Blizzard Default)
-Devotion Aura (Blizzard Default)
-Avatar [Ultimate] (Blizzard Default)
-Attribute Bonus

Main Attribute: Strength
This map has a system in which the Hero Selectors distribute among the players playing the map (i.e. if there is one player, the four hero selectors are given to that player. If there are three players, two wisps are given to player one, one to player two, and the other one to player three).

-Further optimized the map's coding.
-Added a brand new boss encounter: Falric and Marwynn. Finished the Frozen Halls
-Created a sneak peek of the new upcoming boss fight - Sara! :O
-Other minor changes/leaks/that stuff, you know...
-Optimized (a LOT) the map's triggering -> turned almost every single boss spell to clean JASS functions.
-Now used Widgetizer for faster loading times.
-Added a longer sneak peek on Frozen Halls.
-Minor changes and all that good stuff.
-Changed the map name from Breakout to Frostbite Caverns :p.
-Modified the tileset to Icecrown Glacier.
-Reorganized, polished, modified, removed, and will eventually add/replace (WHATEVER!!) boss fights.
-Things I don't remember/don't feel like typing now.
-Changed the map name from Hellfire to Breakout.
-Modified the tileset from base Dalaran with Outland to base Ashenvale with Dalaran.
-Added and modified some boss spells, such as Shadron's Shadow Dance.
-Fixed minor leaks.
-Other minor changes/changes I don't remember
-Changed Steel Golem hero to Paladin (spells are more fitting to a paladin than to a golem >.>)
-Changed Skeletal Mage's Chain Lightning Ability for Ice Sphere (by BerZeKeR)
-Made Warden's Rend ability more powerful
-Fixed The Storm Within spell
-Fixed minor leaks
-Other minor changes

Keywords:
boss, fight, fights, frostbite, caverns, patio_111, patio, zomg, elemental, mage, shadow, angel, time, holy, water, snakeskin, naga, wow
Contents

Frostbite Caverns v4.2 [Beta] (Map)

Reviews
14:49, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 3
I will try it, but at first sr if I making fun of you but the map 's name is Hell fire but the map 's image is a naga with a flow of water:grin:.

Level 5
I will try it, but at first sr if I making fun of you but the map 's name is Hell fire but the map 's image is a naga with a flow of water:grin:.

I actually thought about that when I posted it, I'll change the screenshot. xD

Hellwater? :grin:

Hmm well the description could be better.

Ok, updated the description. Added boss order and hero description.

Last edited:
Level 5
Sounds like fun. I havent tried it yet but from what I saw in description, skills kinda dont match heros but I might be wrong. You should also try to move Blizzard default skillz.

Yes, I am trying to change as much Blizzard default spells as possible, but I do think all spells match the heroes.

EDIT: Someone have any comments about gameplay?

Last edited:
Level 1
At first i would love it if u go on with developing this map.

Suggestions:

1. No fix itemdrops per each encounter
2. The 3. Boss must be neverd. The ultimate git the same intervale like coming back to life from ankh -> if u get hit once u respawn and die instant without a chance to aviod ulti.
3. Reduce Hitbox of the Tomes at the 3. boss ... they fuck up movment
4. The 2. Boss could be a bit harder.
5. Add diffrent difficulty levels, which are able to choose from host at the beginning.
6. Redesign Tank -> at the moment he is kind of useless .... it just takes longer. Maybe Add Taunt as base skill --> double his life and give him 15/30/45% more heal gained as skill. at the moment its better to choose paladin cause he can tank as good as Tank, deals more dmg and can heal aswell .... (same ulti like tank is not good aswell)

At least u could play impossible bosses to get some new idears ... its great but u need to many guys to play. so go on wit hur map

kapfhase

Last edited:
Level 5
At first i would love it if u go on with developing this map.

Suggestions:

1. No fix itemdrops per each encounter
2. The 3. Boss must be neverd. The ultimate git the same intervale like coming back to life from ankh -> if u get hit once u respawn and die instant without a chance to aviod ulti.
3. Reduce Hitbox of the Tomes at the 3. boss ... they fuck up movment
4. The 2. Boss could be a bit harder.
5. Add diffrent difficulty levels, which are able to choose from host at the beginning.
6. Redesign Tank -> at the moment he is kind of useless .... it just takes longer. Maybe Add Taunt as base skill --> double his life and give him 15/30/45% more heal gained as skill. at the moment its better to choose paladin cause he can tank as good as Tank, deals more dmg and can heal aswell .... (same ulti like tank is not good aswell)

At least u could play impossible bosses to get some new idears ... its great but u need to many guys to play. so go on wit hur map

kapfhase

Thanks for all the suggestions!
-About Shadron's (3rd boss) ultimate, I am working on a more complex version.
-The Paladin is also meant to be a tank, just that he has healing abilities instead of damaging ones. If you say that the other tank is useless, I will improve him. I also see too many Blizzard Default skills on him, which I am trying to change.

I have played Impossible Bosses many times. Although some ideas and my inspiration come from there, I want to be as original as possible.

Level 4
How come the game won't start (player slots board on game creating menu is blank), and when I try to press start, it just sends me back to the map selection screen. When I try to host on lan, it just throws me back to the main LAN screen. I've tried this on both WC3 v1.23 and 1.24d.

Level 5
For now I can only say that some spells repeat and that's annoying, atleast change there names and change the efects a little.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Doesn't let me start the map and the slots don't even appear, what patch is this for?

Level 1
Hey Dude
Ive tried it &nd it made rly fun ,
but after Kelen in this small tunnel we could go on
there was a invisble wall or sumthing like that
pls fix it or tell me wtf this sH** is :)
4/5

Level 5
Hey Dude
Ive tried it &nd it made rly fun ,
but after Kelen in this small tunnel we could go on
there was a invisble wall or sumthing like that
pls fix it or tell me wtf this sH** is :)
4/5

Oh yeah that's on purpose... the map ends there, it's called the Frozen Halls and it'll be a new boss encounter. Just the first part as a sneak peek for now, though. I thought the game ended though... I'll fix it thanks.

Level 1
i test the map and i give you my suggestions :

1- add more player .
2- increase hp all bosses and damage .
3- make class items like ( Holy Ranger { when you cast any spel you have chance 20% to heal 300 aoe or refresh all spell } , { warrior { you have 25% chance to counter attack or block some damage } )

4- change some warrior spell , like this ( Howl of terror , chance to block , and ofc tuant , charge , ..... etc ) .
5- add threat system .
6- add casting bar system .
7- and maybe add damage and healing detect system .

i know this is take long time for doing it threat , casting bar and detect system .

4/5

Level 5
Hey I've tested this map. but I can't get through 3rd boss cause when his hp is lower then 40%, he casted a spell(or many idk) and my warcraft 3 crashes. So sad. Hope you could fix it =)

Hey, thanks for testing the map! It's been a long time since I last updated it. I've been working on a huge update.

That's strange... maybe one of the special effect dummies got out of the map bounds. I'll try to look into that. I don't see any problems with the spell, though.