• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frost Armor visual effect on attacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
I want to know how to make attacker vs frost armor colored to get the original effect:
  • Actions
    • Animation - Change DamageEventSource's vertex coloring to (50.00%, 50.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Meaby also gonna need an animation?

KPC

KPC

Level 7
I've made a trigger that provides the effect of frost armor. What I didn't do is creating a dummy that casts this. I just add effect of slow to attacker. If I didn't find it possible to collor unit properly I will have to think about making undispellable frost armor spell with 9999 duration.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Doesn't Frost Nova apply the color effect? I suppose you could order a Dummy unit to Frost Nova the attacker, and edit the ability to not have any AoE.

Then if you wanted to have more control over the slow you could set the Freezing slow effect to 0% in the Gameplay Constants, and trigger the slow yourself.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
I found the answer by trial and error method. You will have to use RGB: 50% 75% 75% to get propper collor. Also have to use Special Effect: chest, Abilities\Spells\Other\FrostDamage\FrostDamage.mdl.
But I dont know how to remove it after 4 seconds (the duration of slowed effect). Do u have idea?

Here is full trigger if needed...
  • Frost Armor
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • IsDamageAttack Equal to True
          • (DamageEventTarget has an item of type Frost Armor) Equal to True
          • (DamageEventTarget belongs to an enemy of (Owner of DamageEventSource).) Equal to True
          • IsDamageMelee Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit u = udg_DamageEventSource
      • Set VariableSet CV2 = (Custom value of DamageEventSource)
      • Set VariableSet AR_Counter2[CV2] = (AR_Counter2[CV2] + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • AR_Counter2[CV2] Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Attack Speed Reduction to DamageEventSource
          • Unit - Set DamageEventSource movement speed to ((Default movement speed of DamageEventSource) x 0.50)
          • Animation - Change DamageEventSource's vertex coloring to (50.00%, 75.00%, 75.00%) with 0.00% transparency
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of DamageEventSource using Abilities\Spells\Other\FrostDamage\FrostDamage.mdl
        • Else - Actions
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Custom script: set udg_AR_Unit2 = u
      • Set VariableSet CV2 = (Custom value of AR_Unit2)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set VariableSet AR_Counter2[CV2] = (AR_Counter2[CV2] - 1)
            • If - Conditions
              • AR_Counter2[CV2] Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Animation - Change AR_Unit2's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
              • MAGICALLY REMOVE SPECIAL EFFECT
              • Unit - Set AR_Unit2 movement speed to (Default movement speed of AR_Unit2)
              • Unit - Remove Attack Speed Reduction from AR_Unit2
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Set VariableSet AR_Counter2[CV2] = 0
      • Custom script: set u = null
EDIT 1:
Also need to apply negative buff - slowed on attacker. Idea?

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
So what I would do is add a hidden Endurance Aura to the slowed unit since this can handle both the attack speed and movement speed reductions. To do this give it negative values and set it's button positions to 0,-11. Then set it's Targets Allowed to SELF.

You can even handle the Special Effect through the Art - Target field on the Aura.

Also, your If Then Else at the bottom seems all messed up. Get rid of the extra If Then Else that has the Else -> Set AR_Counter2[CV2] = 0.

Reactions: KPC

KPC

KPC

Level 7
Solution is very nice but the only problem is that buff name on attacker will be green not red (as it is positive buff). I'm not sure if I can provide negative buff by giving an ability to the unit :(

KPC

KPC

Level 7
f87b6efbc7fc1276f6b759a2098046a9.jpg

Why didn't I think about it...
As always thanks for your help.
Thinking of just asking questions on your profile instead of forum haha.

PS: What do u mean by?
"Keep in mind that it's not a dispellable buff since it's an aura applying it."

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You can PM me whenever I don't mind.

Auras apply buffs that cannot be dispelled. You can't dispel Devotion Aura off a unit for example. You can still remove it with triggers using "Remove specific buff".

Last edited:
Reactions: KPC
Status
Not open for further replies.