• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fresh New -- List of your anime! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
A place for you to list your favorite anime!

Heres my anime list (Most Favored - Least Favored, Top 7):
1. Rosario + Vampire (All Seasons)
2. Highschool of the Dead
3. Romeo x Juliet
4. Zero No Tsukaima
5. Kiss X Sis
6. Da Capo
7. Toradora!

Watching Now:
Like a hundred more romance animes.

I'd really like some anime suggestions, if you do some reasearch on the anime I've watched and am watched, ALL of them are in the romance genre... I only like love anime, I hate anime such as Naruto and Bleach. If I want to see a fight I'll go watch Jet Li, Donnie Yen or Wu Jing kick ass.

So if you have any suggestions please tell me!

EDIT: OMG I DIDN'T REALIZE WHAT TIME IT WAS, I CAN HEAR BIRDS CHIRPING OUTSIDE AND I'M STILL AWAKE :vw_death:

Time to go to sleep :vw_sleep:, good... morning.
(4:28AM)
I think my grandparents are already awake and working on their farm right now.

Last edited:
Level 22
You'd rather watch a bad ''love'' anime than a good action anime? Why restrict yourself to only one genre?

And you do realize that the three actors you named are all Chinese, and that anime is Japanese, right? ;P

Some great (and pretty well-known) anime movies I think anyone should check out, and not just anime fans:

Sword of the Stranger (samurai/action).
Ghost in the Shell (sci-fi).
Akira (sci-fi).
Spirited Away (adventure/fantasy).
Princess Mononoke (adventure/fantasy).

Level 7
i've never heard any of these shows b4, and in your entire post u didn't mention anything about DBZ! >=(

I only like anime that are romance, not action.

You'd rather watch a bad ''love'' anime than a good action anime? Why restrict yourself to only one genre?

And you do realize that the three actors you named are all Chinese, and that anime is Japanese, right? ;P

Some great (and pretty well-known) anime movies I think anyone should check out, and not just anime fans:

Sword of the Stranger (samurai/action).
Ghost in the Shell (sci-fi).
Akira (sci-fi).
Spirited Away (adventure/fantasy).
Princess Mononoke (adventure/fantasy).

Well, not to brag but IMO, my race has the smoothest fights and they are most all eye-candy... Anime fights.. Eh, I just can't watch =/
And what do you mean by a "bad" love anime

Level 22
Level 7
Hm, try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYGpmgxKpNs

A low quality anime.
Would you rather watch a romantic anime with bad animation, music, etc, than a high quality action anime?

Yeah... We all have different tastes. I'd still perfer the romantic anime over the HQ action one... As I said, when it comes to fighting, I prefer real life movies or real fights.

My fav is Rosario + Vampire which has a fight in each episode though :3

And romantic animes can be great as well. 5 centimeters per second is amazing.

I didn't really understand 5 centimeters per second, it was about the guy and how he wouldn't move on until he realized that his love from when he was a kid moved on right? Thats all I really understood... after using wikipedia xD

Level 13
I'm not really into anime, but there was one anime that I really liked and I watched the whole series, Its called Avatar the last airbender. They even made a movie from it, but it sucks, I just like the series.

And to be honest; the only one of these that I have ever heard about, is Dragon ball Z...
But hey I don't really watch anime.

Level 22
I didn't really understand 5 centimeters per second, it was about the guy and how he wouldn't move on until he realized that his love from when he was a kid moved on right? Thats all I really understood... after using wikipedia xD

Maybe you should check it out again. x)

I'm not really into anime, but there was one anime that I really liked and I watched the whole series, Its called Avatar the last airbender. They even made a movie from it, but it sucks, I just like the series.

I think Avatar: The Last Airbender is amazing. But the directors are American, and the animators are Korean. That's not anime, heh.

Level 9
Anything with card games on motorcycles and people with insane hairstyles with giant egos that are larger than card game stadiums with hologram projectors that project card game things.

Level 31
I would probably have to say that my tops included
  • Code Geass (might move to position #2)
  • Romeo x Juliet
  • The Tower of Druaga
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Rest I'm unsure of where to place for now.

I'm more of a fan of epic adventure fantasy and things that are extremely depraved. The more maniacal the character, the more I love it. Sadly, the show that's hit closest to this so far has been When They Cry, but it's still not enough /cries.

Now, the ones I listed are what I find to be utterly exceptional and nearly flawless. There is plenty of utterly fantastic anime out there, but not much really hits the mark of a masterpiece. Many of them might have terrible introductions, weak endings, or periods where the story just halts. For example, The Story of Saiunkoku is an absolutely amazing show, but there are various points in it where it just becomes boring and idiotic. Some aspects of it repeat as well : |. You can only comment on someone's eccentricity so many times before it becomes old.

Another great one was Kyo Kara Maoh, but that had a pretty weak opening and some bad episodes. Many shows that are remarked on as true wonders have at least one very poorly done episode that makes you wonder why they even put it in. Fullmetal Alchemist is one such show >.<.

And for those of you who like action like DBZ, there are plenty of shows that I find to have much better action. I think that DBZ, Bleach, and Naruto are pretty poor action shows ; |. I have no clue why they are so popular... Tenjho Tenge, for example, is a much better action show. It has more gruesome fights that don't last for an eternity as well as an "interesting story." Another fun one is D. Gray-Man, which gives you the same feeling as Bleach but is executed better (although there are some pretty lame aspects to the show).

Hellsing is probably regarded as one of the best action shows of all time, and the Hellsing Ultimate OVA took the feeling of Hellsing and brought it to a whole new level. The only problem with the OVA is its simplistic and nearly idiotic story >.>

Black Lagoon is another fantastic action one.

There are also many new action anime shows, like Corpse Princess. Canaan also looks interesting and is coming out in a little while.

There are also many less serious action orientated shows like Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, Elemental Gelade and Princess Resurrection.

Other interesting actions include Kaze no Stigma and Shana.

Just talking about actions since I see so many action fans.

Level 5
Dragon Ball series, FLCL (Fooly Cooly), and, if movies count, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. C'mon people, storyline makes it all so much better.

Level 31
Dragon Ball series, FLCL (Fooly Cooly), and, if movies count, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. C'mon people, storyline makes it all so much better.

Somewhat similar shows to Fooly Cooly are two shows done by one group: Negima: Magister Negi Magi!? and PoniPoni Dash and two shows done by another group: Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemy. I personally find Negima and Excel Saga to be the better from both groups... they take it way too far in their future projects >.>... WAY too far, haha ; D.

I mention those shows because they are compared to Fooly Cooly a lot.

I really prefer more standard comedies like School Rumble and the Familiar of Zero though : ).

Also, as far as movies go, Ikithe, have you seen Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, or Origin? It seems like you're a Hayao Miyazaki, but maybe you should give Satoshi Kon a chance as he's another of the great anime directors.

By the way, did you know that Patrick Stewart voiced mr. mustache (Lord Yupa) in Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind?

Last edited:
Level 18
Toradora! (gets interesting after ep. 6 or 7)
School Rumble
Zero no Tsukaima
Shakugan no Shana
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Rosario + Vampire
Lovely Complex
Seto no Hanayome
Spirited Away

Yeah, all shojo. I hate shounen anime for all their RAAAAAAAWRGH tendencies and overusing speedlines, explosions and various types of 'magical force' outbursts.

Level 13
Elfen Lied
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Bible Black
Desert Punk
Soul Eater
Neon Genesis Evangelion

I'm more of a manga person.

Level 22
School Rumble
Zero no Tsukaima
Shakugan no Shana
Rosario + Vampire
Lovely Complex
Seto no Hanayome
Spirited Away

Yeah, all shojo. I hate shounen anime for all their RAAAAAAAWRGH tendencies and overusing speedlines, explosions and various types of 'magical force' outbursts.

Spirited Away, Shojo? Because the main character is a girl? I don't think it works that way.

And what about animes that are neither shojo or shounen?
''Adult'', if you will. xP

Level 17
Narf, ok, here's the complete list of my favorites:

Claymore
Elfen Lied
TOKKO
Black Lagoon
Black Lagoon - the second barriage
Inuyasha
07-Ghost
Full Metal Panic
Devil May Cry
Death Note
GantZ
Naruto
Wolf's Rain
Spriggan
Spirited Away
GUYVER
Escaflowne
Full Metal Alchemist
Fairy Tail
Needless

well that's it for now..

Last edited:
Level 7
Narf, ok, here's the complete list:

Claymore
Elfen Lied
TOKKO
Black Lagoon
Black Lagoon - the second barriage
Inuyasha
07-Ghost
Full Metal Panic
Devil May Cry
Death Note
GantZ
Naruto
Wolf's Rain
Spriggan
Spirited Away
GUYVER
Escaflowne
Full Metal Alchemist
Fairy Tail
Needless

well that's it for now..

Seen highschool of the dead?

Level 7
The first part yes. I'm still searching for a streaming site with subs ... -.-
Yep, I like that one. :)

You want my torrent?
Ep 1-12 Full season 1/HD/Jp Audio/Eng Subs

Btw make sure you keep watching after the credits ^^ The credits isn't the end of the episode :)

School Rumble
Zero no Tsukaima
Shakugan no Shana
Rosario + Vampire
Lovely Complex
Seto no Hanayome
Spirited Away

I love Rosario + Vampire.. Moka <3
Shes so cute omfg.. especially in Season 2 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.