• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Four Frost Queens v 1.02

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Four Frost Queens

This is a 128x128 melee map for 2 vs 2 players or FFA.It is designed with ICC tileset.
The Four Frost Queens are now the rulers of Northrend, the undeads and spiders.
I used like 7000 doodads.

Neutrals and creeps
-12 gold mines (1 per base, 8 expanding options all defended with orange creeps)
-4 goblin markets defended with orange creeps
-1 unguarded taverns.
-4 mercenary camp defended with orange creeps
-4 unguarded warp gates.

Creeps amount
- 14 green creeps (3 per player and 1 for competition)
- 22 orange creeps (+ 2 for the base orange creeps in 1vs1)
- 4 red creep (For competition)

Strategy
- The warp gates give the posibility to do diagonals attacks.
-There are two expanding options, both equally defended with orange.
-There are points 3 of interest, the markets, the goldmines and the mercenary camps
The path to the market allows you to use the way gates.
-The mercenary camps is an interesting area for camping.
The middle goldmines have only one way of attack while the edge goldmines have two ways.

Fictional history
Every map I create has fictional history behind its creation, the enviroment will have relation with fictional history.

When Bolvar became the Lich King, he was defeated two month later by the Four Frost Queens. They became rulers of the undead. The Alliance and the Horde abandoned Northrend to fight in Pandaria. There the lands were more fertile than that ice rock of Northrend that it didn´t worth the time to send ships there in the first place. So the Four Frost Queens ruled Northrend in peace without enemies. It was so peacefull that they dedicated to gather minerals, fish and practice ski on ice. With all that minerals, they got bored so they started to speculate in the banks of Lordaeron and Stormwind. When the banks collapsed the value of the finantial actions was equal to the bones of the rats. The Four Frost Queens angered a lot for the loose of their investiment and planned a revenge. They Revived Guldan somehow so they started the Legion war. Since that failed. The Four Frost Queens seduced Anduin to start a war against Sylvanas to capture Lordaeron and recover their profits.

Will the plan of the Four Frost Queens succeed?
Will Anduin marry the Four Frost Queens?
Will Sylvanas charm Anduin to forge an Alliance between the Alliance and the Horde against the Four Frost Queens in the next expantion?
Will a Pandaren save this apocalyptic situation with martial arts?

All these questions may be pointless if another orc alters the space-time continue by traveling to the past... again.

No imported matierial has been used, only WC3 preset elements

Changelog

Version 1.00 upload
Version 1.01
- Changed base creeps
- Fixed one skeleton
- Better ramps north and south middle
- Trees and buildable option for scout in mercenary and markets areas.
Version 1.02
-Set full the mana of the vile tormentors
-add space in some others creeps to avoid AoE spells

Credits

Map made by Ragnaros17
Contents

Four Frost Queens (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Alright then: Indeed for 2v2 and FFA this map should do fine. All basics look good. For 1v1 I would adviase against using bases/expansions that only have a single entrance/exit, but for other gamemodes it is much less important. Same goes for the...
deepstrasz
I like the way you've placed some camps a bit distanced to avoid AoE spells getting most of the units in a group. Maybe you'd want to set mana to full from the beginning to creeps? Vile Tormentors for example don't start with 100% of their mana...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Alright then: Indeed for 2v2 and FFA this map should do fine. All basics look good. For 1v1 I would adviase against using bases/expansions that only have a single entrance/exit, but for other gamemodes it is much less important. Same goes for the northrend merc camps. The usual notes:
-At the top left starting position, there seems to be one skeleton too many.
-Many creepspots are very similar, this might be becuase of the maps story. However, I would at least not make the starting positions and nearby goldmines are 100% identic ( even thought in 2v2 or FFA the starting positions wont have creeps).
-No AoW creeping possible.
-Cant build farms or place wisp near merccamp. Not that important though, as they wont be taken in earlygame.
-The ramps to the small camps in the exact north and south are very small.

It is a good work. If you have the time, you can try to make a 24 player now, as people have already started playing a few fun 24 player FFAs on the PTR on a modified (and not in good way) blizzard map. There are n real maps for more than 12 players yet, and the first acceptable map will surely be played a lot on the PTR. I've already starting working on one myself, but I'm not sure how fast I can finish it, so you might beat me ;)

Level 29
Alright then: Indeed for 2v2 and FFA this map should do fine. All basics look good.

1-For 1v1 I would adviase against using bases/expansions that only have a single entrance/exit, but for other gamemodes it is much less important. Same goes for the northrend merc camps. The usual notes:

2-At the top left starting position, there seems to be one skeleton too many.

3-Many creepspots are very similar, this might be becuase of the maps story. However, I would at least not make the starting positions and nearby goldmines are 100% identic ( even thought in 2v2 or FFA the starting positions wont have creeps).

4-No AoW creeping possible.

5-Cant build farms or place wisp near merccamp. Not that important though, as they wont be taken in earlygame.

6-The ramps to the small camps in the exact north and south are very small.

It is a good work. If you have the time, you can try to make a 24 player now, as people have already started playing a few fun 24 player FFAs on the PTR on a modified (and not in good way) blizzard map. There are n real maps for more than 12 players yet, and the first acceptable map will surely be played a lot on the PTR. I've already starting working on one myself, but I'm not sure how fast I can finish it, so you might beat me

1- Not ment for competive 1vs1, is too big for that, also middle goldmines are more exposed to coperative attack than the edge ones so thats why the 1 path bonus for the middle ones than the edge ones. (I will have it in mind)

2- fixed, thanks

3- Yeah map history succubi, undead,spiders, I redesigned the base ones,

4- There are some, as example 1 green creep (metal golems) and some orange near the mercenary camps, the market area you can build and walk slow. also the goldmines can be AoW since they are level 15, you can´t with the water creeps, and red creeps (I will have it in mind)

upload_2018-2-23_18-6-16.png

5- Done

6- Done

1.01 updated

thanks for the review.

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. I like the way you've placed some camps a bit distanced to avoid AoE spells getting most of the units in a group.
  2. Maybe you'd want to set mana to full from the beginning to creeps? Vile Tormentors for example don't start with 100% of their mana.
  3. Finally, orcs can have magic immune units->merc: Magnatuar Warrior.
  4. Some units are overused.

Approved, also based on @mafe's review.

Level 29
  1. I like the way you've placed some camps a bit distanced to avoid AoE spells getting most of the units in a group.
  2. Maybe you'd want to set mana to full from the beginning to creeps? Vile Tormentors for example don't start with 100% of their mana.
  3. Finally, orcs can have magic immune units->merc: Magnatuar Warrior.
  4. Some units are overused.
Approved, also based on @mafe's review.

updated to 1.02 v
1-thanks, I did that by mere luck, if you liked it I did it with some others too in the 1.02 v
2- thats no a maybe, thats a must to me, updated and done, with the select all special it can be done in one click. (when you put a vile tormentor from 0 it has 75/200 mana by default).
3- well I am glad you like the ICC mercenary camp use.
4- yeah the succubi. mafe said the same, but history the Four Frost Queens are succubi, my creep selection is for the map theme and I have to use simetry x 4 while 1vs1 maps can have more diversity.

Last edited by a moderator: