• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forum Infrastructure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Perhaps the Announcement & Screenshots sub-forums should be scrapped and just merged with the General Forum? Neither are seeing too much activity, and if you have an announcement, can't you set it as an announcement in the thread? (An announcement is higher than a sticky, it's visible from the forum and all it's sub-forums), that way we can still see news in an organized fashion, and don't have to have too many unneeded sub-forums.. As for Screenshots, well, personally I think that's general (and/or Development).

That being said, I do believe a Development sub-forum would do some good.. That would give users (and the team) a chance to show/request Diablo-related Skins/Models/Screenshots/Triggers.. For example, the only 2 threads in "Screenshots", the "New Loading screen" thread in the Suggestions Forum, even the complete Changelog would be suitable in there, etc.

Level 4
I agree, Announcements should be removed and just put in sticks in the main forum. Screenshots should be merged/changed into a development forum much like sixen said.

Another thing, why not ask to get full hosting rather then just in the 'other various projects' section. By far this is probably the most active hosted project on the hive and Im very lazy and squinting for the d3 words underneath that "Hive Workshop Hosted Forums" heading is tiresome. As well, i read something about RTC's forum is closing down, so it would be a prime opportunity to snag that spot.

Level 17
Sticks is not only for announcments, we use it for other stuff too.
And we dont want to have a 1000 miles long list with news on the main forum.
We better keep it in announcements.

Another thing, why not ask to get full hosting rather then just in the 'other various projects' section
We have asked... twice.. No more talking about that.

And we cant make announcement posts that is shown in all forums/subforums. Atleast i cant find that in the moderation...

Level 4
We better keep it in announcements.

And we cant make announcement posts that is shown in all forums/subforums. Atleast i cant find that in the moderation...

Ah, well that would explain why you don't just do that. Though, my dev subforum suggestion still stands, ;).

Level 17
Although you can copy a thread, post it in each of the forums and sticky it :p

Read this again:

We dont want to use sticks for announcments, just check in the announcment sub forum if you want to see if there is anything new.

Status
Not open for further replies.