• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fortress of the Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Deep in the forests at the top of a cliff, can you see the magnificent fortress built by the eagle-worshiping humans.
In times of war, the humans gather around the statue and pray to the eagle god.

Updated terrain to the right.

Attachments

• FortressEagle.PNG
    FortressEagle.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 298
  • FortressEagleV2.PNG
    FortressEagleV2.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 278
  • FortressEagleV3.PNG
    FortressEagleV3.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Level 10
Thats cool, i like the variation in trees and background is epic.

The castle is good but im not feeling those towers coming out in front and whatever that archway is under the big roof.

Level 10
Okay, thanks for all suggestions. I've made some big changes now, decreased the size of the eagle, put up some towers and stuff, see for yourself. :)
And I couldn't move the eagle to the front tower because the model has a big ugly thing wich the eagle stands on.

Level 7
Of course the screen isn´t bad but nevertheless nothing special.
Background is good but onehundred times seen at others, the eagle-model sucks as Keiji already mentioned and the architecture isn´t very spectacular ( especially the archways and the long empty walls at the back of the building doesn´t fit ).
Additionally you overskaled the rocks; make them smaller!
Can´t hold the sharp texture of the small pines next to these blurry rockskin. :D

Level 5
not really legendary or epic but pretty cool. i like the idea of outstanding towers with bridges.
like corexx said the rocks are way too blurry compared to the trees and the walls. also the texture is quite repetitive, use more difrent angles, the rock doodad has more usable sides than his back.
and xXmorpheusXx' bridge there in the middle is horrible, away with it!

Level 10
Thanks for all the comments guys, I've updated it again, tried to change what you have pointed out.

I have put many small sized rocks on the big ones to cover the stretched textures. I've also changed the sky to a bit more yellowish color, but I'm not sure if I like it that much, and then I have put more windows on some towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.