• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Forked lightning targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i don't think its possible since forked lightning hits multiple random targets, try using another skill like a on target ability, what are you gonna make anyway so it would be of more help..?

Level 18
You would probably have to make a spell based of Chain Lightning and then make 2 dummy units that cast the same Chain Lightning on a nearby random unit (making sure that they won't pick already targeted units).
bounces can hit already targeted units though :p

There were also some damage detection systems, but I have never worked with those so I dodn't know if they are of any use for you. :(

Level 7
you could try using a dummy unit and let it cast chain lightning on 'special' units.

Edit: oops i posted at the same time as you so, anyways you could try making a spell place a buff so that it can target it.

Level 18
-Set a unit group for all enemy units that can be affected by the spell and are not the target of the ability.
-Then make a unit group for 2 random units in the last unit group.
-For each picked unit create a dummy unit at the position of the caster.
-Add a duration to the dummies and give them chain lightning.
-Order them to chain lightning the picked unit.
-Clear all groups and locations

I think that should work. (Pay attention to mana cost on the chain lightning or you might want to make a free one to cast :p)

Level 7
You can also to refer to the spell "Extended Lightning" where you he somewhat uses that same trigger. check it out on the spells thread.

also maybe you can base it on a buff giving ability and let a dummy unit cast forked lightning and still have the buff...?

Status
Not open for further replies.