• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

For the Legion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
This maybe the start of something..maybe another pack?

Hmmm

WIP of Nathrezim Rider
Death Knight is gonna be made into a Dreadlord, yes I know, I'm crazy
Also parts of this skin are used in the Death Knight skin I made for Against the Darkness

Attachments

• For the Legion.jpg
    For the Legion.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 386
Level 18
As I said the whole face is a WIP
I was laying down basic colors and laying down the basic lip idea
I was just trying to show everyone the WIP of his sweet hood as well :p
And I really have not done anything to the armor Denu, it's mostly horsey and face I've worked on ATM

Level 18
By using what? That bad chainmail pattern that is overused by everyone?
No I refuse, it will be lightweight plate mail with gold trim, that Dreadlord use as hoods because they are badass

P.S.- look at his cute veins ;)
And I will work more with the hood wrap because yes I do see the sloppyness in areas

Attachments

• ss0001.jpg
    ss0001.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 199

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Your work is still always so blurry.

Level 17
This is something I'm gonna make for this pack. I call it the Felbolg.

The Idea was originally just to make a lizardy furbolg thats like a felhound. but then the back looked empty, and the furbolg has those back ridges, and I decided I like tyranids too. so its a weird amalgammy looking demon.

It's a WIP, but here's what I got so far.

There are still a few bits I haven't changed, but the stuff I have is all freehand.

Also, I haven't changed the leaves yet. and I have not figured out what I will do with them.

Attachments

• Felbolg WIP.jpg
    Felbolg WIP.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 254
Level 18
This is absolutely beautiful Dark
I love it, I would say make the leaves either spikes or tendrils of sorts
And yes Chriz, I know it is blurry, I am working on it, I'm still working on the hood, need to sharpen it up, maybe add a gem or two, things of the sort

Level 4
I think i might do a skin or 2 for this :] Depends whether i like or not & stuff though :)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Please, show us this "GODLY" face.

Level 17
I say we give the guy a break until he shows us something, and THEN decide whether or not to insult him. Just my 2 cents.

He probably doesn't have much(the reason he hasn't shown anything), but on the off chance he can draw (I don't have too many submissions either, but I could draw before I had anything up here) lets wait to see.

Level 4
Dionessist my name is MadoMe, but i prefer you call me Dome btw :smile:

@ Darkholme : Thanks XD btw i heart your avatar (get it? xD )

And another note: With godly i mean as good as it can be, like im only 13, and please dont go off saying things like : 'yeah thought so' cause thats a verry pathethic reaction!
Its still WIP so dont be harsh , but imo you cant say alot of bad stuff about the face ..
wipfarseerud6.png

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Sorry, far from godly, very very far.

Level 17
that is useless in wc3. Even scalemail is hardly noticable, and plate is easy to pull of and look good. I can't really judge it without the unwrap though xD

using a scalemail texture isn't useless in wc3, if you warp it to fit the wrap properly, when you shrink it you don't see all the individual links, yes, but it looks awesome, and you can tell its supposed to be chainmail. frankly it looks infinitely better than freehanding chainmail, and it works great underneath the plate. then add highlights over the texture and voila.

(not all maps use the default zoom) - working on an aos with wow style cameras - not very quickly, but the camera I think makes it way better (just because its different, and this is just personal testing)

it also adds the element of having to look at what youre doing instead of what other people are doing, and having to be at all the shops to get the items. (which you don't always have to)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
Alright Here is version 2.0

I made the leafy things into hair.
Did some other changes (lots of different chading and matching up of edges and colors.)
I made a texture that I overlayed over it. I think it turned out well, but I still have the PSD in case I need to change stuff.

Here's a 1024x768 (I run in 1280x960) if thats too big I have an 800x600 but this shows more details.

As for MadoMe, or Madome, sorry about your skin dude. Practice more and you might be able to pull some stuff off better. I recommend looking at some digital painting tutorials, maybe for the gimp (the gimp is free, and Photoshop isnt) and then I recommend you keep doing it till you can do some really good digital art, then try skinning again. Search Google. - I've been drawing on a PC since I was 9, and I'm almost 21. I had Photoshop 4. It takes time.

And I need to make the slight yellow tinge on the shell on his back still. If someone wants to give some more suggestions that would help, if not, maybe this one is almost done. We'll go by opinion. and if its not done, tell me what you think would improve it.

Also my Avatar (from Avatar) is new, and by me. took about 1.5 hours. I have the season 3 dvd 1, and ripped the episode, then I saved about 70 frames, and went to town in imageready. I added the text too (that's actually what she's saying in the video - and I matched it up with the frames) - Time consuming, and maybe even not worth the effort, but I like the end effect. The hard part was getting it under 256k.

Attachments

• Felbolg 2.jpg
    Felbolg 2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 224

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

How did you get those different kinds of textures on the skin and the belly?

Level 17
Do you mean the stuff that made the skin look rough, or do you mean the fact that its got a belly separate from the fur.

The belly separate from the fur is because I drew it from scratch, the roughness comes from a flat texture I came up with and then overlayed over the skin, and warped it to fit the depth changes of the image.

That way I can edit the details underneath without losing the roughness everytime I make a change.

O.O OMG - HE JUST GAVE AWAY AN INCREDIBLE TIMESAVING WAY TO FINISH YOUR SKINS AND TO GIVE THEM MORE TEXTURE! *SHOCK*

Seriously though. it makes the textures look nicer, and isn't that much more work. It's much better than freehanding in the tiny details on the same layers and having to change them every time you need to make an alteration.

And if you do something similar with colors instead you can make the colors seem more natural, as nothing has perfectly even tones if its natural
To Note. This only works if you can match it up to the curves in the artwork. Otherwise it looks like ass. then, you should just go make a texture which fits thw curves as necessary, or spend your hours on a freehand (may be worth the effort depending on what you can do, and what effect youre going for).

Last edited:
Level 9
Dionessist my name is MadoMe, but i prefer you call me Dome btw :smile:

@ Darkholme : Thanks XD btw i heart your avatar (get it? xD )

And another note: With godly i mean as good as it can be, like im only 13, and please dont go off saying things like : 'yeah thought so' cause thats a verry pathethic reaction!
Its still WIP so dont be harsh , but imo you cant say alot of bad stuff about the face ..
wipfarseerud6.png

wow fancy that im 13 aswell...so thats no excuse :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.