• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

For Lordaeron or for the Scourge?

For Lordaeron or Scourge?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
boxxy-omfg-meme-generator-wuts-going-on-in-this-thread-3aaa26.png

Level 24
Well as long as the forsaken comes in and kills everyone I'm happy as said at the wrath gate (with one minor alteration) "Death to the scourge and death to the alliance." Oh and Blizzard while you're at it make Sylvanas kill Vereesa and Alleria then make them both serve in Sylvans's rank.

Well as long as the forsaken comes in and kills everyone I'm happy as said at the wrath gate (with one minor alteration) "Death to the scourge and death to the alliance." Oh and Blizzard while you're at it make Sylvanas kill Vereesa and Alleria then make them both serve in Sylvans's rank.

Traitor! The forsaken are as bad as the scourge. The only reason blizzard added them to their very dumb horde storyline was for all those scourge wanna bes. Alleria and Veressa will put an arrow through the space where sylvannas' heart once was. The forsaken as a species as well cannot survive.

Lordaeron lives on and varian will rebuild it from the ashes.

Last edited:
Level 24
When I'm done with Garrosh I'm coming for Varian don't think he'll survive long against my might.

Level 24
All of my characters are either Blood Elves, Night Elves or trolls since I like their family tree but yes the majority of my characters including my main are Horde.

Level 24
So if I respect Albert Einstein that means that we have a relation? Not really, Vereesa might respect her sister but they have not spoken in decades as far as we know.

It's actually a fact that Vereesa and Sylvanas have a fine relationship between them. She respects her sister. Now, Aleria on the other hand...
True. Indeed they have good relations but they still belong to opposing factions. Who knows what might happen to Sylvanas' s head over the years!?! She might even kill her relatives in her so called "Forsaken Destiny" war.

Level 24
True. Indeed they have good relations but they still belong to opposing factions. Who knows what might happen to Sylvanas' s head over the years!?! She might even kill her relatives in her so called "Forsaken Destiny" war.

Oh yes please let this be true, let Sylvanas revive them as forsaken and have her both sisters serve her as generals. This would make me so happy.

Oh yes please let this be true, let Sylvanas revive them as forsaken and have her both sisters serve her as generals. This would make me so happy.

That's one creepy fantasy you've got going on in that head of yours lol. It will most likely never happen though. Veressa has the Silver Covenant on her side and Alleria is more skilled than Sylvanas in combat anyway.

Sylvanas was a semi-interesting character but Blizzard have messed-up the person they should've portrayed and did portray in Warcraft 3. She needs to be killed off so that Blizzard can introduce the evil, maniacal character that they are unconvincingly turning her in to; her death would also allow a decent conclusion to the Sylvanas that we meet in Warcraft 3.

On-topic: The scourge have got to be the weirdest force out there. They bring down 4 Human Kingdoms in one savage mighty blow and conquer a continent yet they fail to defeat a couple hundred fanatical survivors. They fail to destroy a very weakened Stormwind and Orgrimmar. They outnumbered the Forsaken by coffin loads yet allowed them to build a massive city and not stamp them out. The Lich King couldn't even defend his own domain against a bunch of "adventurers".

I think Bliz lost focus with the type of force they were trying to create with the Scourge for WoW - in short they screwed up. I hate saying it though because I love the guys at Blizzard and the work they do but... WoW the real Emerald nightmare with no Malfurion to save us.

Lordaeron should be rebuilt as the Forsaken have no claim as its citizens considering they actively kill and ressurect survivors. Sylvanas herself has no connection whatsoever to it - its like me saying I should be president of America because my Scottish descendents went to Mexico and Mexico is near America so that sort of makes me American and I can be President. It is obviously a very bad excuse and not true.

Level 24
Well it's not all that strange that he could not bring down any of the race's capital city since Arthas is preventing a full out assault and that's why there always needed too be a Lich King, so that the kingdoms of Azeroth would not be heavily assaulted by the scourge.

And when it comes to the attack the attack on Icecrown I can only say as much as from the lore's perspective we do not actually know the official number of which the Knights of the Ebon Blade and Argent Crusade had when they assaulted Icecrown. Blizzard do not really like using numbers since it really doesn't fit into this world because however you put the numbers of every nations army it will be weird one way or another. Even though the last time Blizzard actually put a number was in a board game in where the blood elves were the biggest race.

Bolvar as Lich King could just order the Scourge to destroy itself. It has been shown that Undead will kill other undead if they are perceived as an enemy displayed by the Scourgs ease in killing Forsaken who are other undead.

Even if Bolvar didn't pick up the mantle why would the Scourge then suddenly organise, rally and seize the world and not just destroy itself. Wasn't the Lich King the one giving the direction and focus of destroy all life?

Level 24
Well the old gods still have some power over Bolvar since it's through their creation he can rule the scourge so there's some limits to what crazy stunts he can pull off. And even though they are organized they are not leaving Northrend which was the original plan.

Level 24
And who's behind the Burning Legion? Even though the Legion does not directly serve the old gods they do serve the same goals.

And the forsaken in Eastern Kingdoms are the ones that Arthas left behind in WarCraft III before he went to Northrend to stop Illidan.

Level 24
Neither am I the ones at Strathelholm were the forces led by Kel'Thuzad who were left behind in WarCraft III. In WotLK Arthas seemed to loose controll over the scourge however so that's why they attacked Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

And what the Burning Legion are trying to do will only set loose the old gods in the end so as I said indirectly they are serving the old gods. And how well do you think Sargeras would have faced against Yogg-Saron, C'Thun and N'Zoths combined powers? The answer is not very well. And if they also would have managed to revive their fallen brethren like Y'Shaarj they would have been unstoppable. The main reason why the titans defeated the old gods to begin with was because the old gods were fighting a war amongst themselves so ultimately they caused their own fall.

A bunch of "adventurers" can defeat an old god then I sincerely doubt an Old God's ability to face against the most powerful Titan to live.

About Stratholme that is what I am saying they are Scourge you mentioned Forsaken. I'm pretty sure the Lich King ordered the attack on Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

Level 24
First of all the two old gods we have faced were extremely weakened since they were still locked in the prisons set up by the titans and against the first we met we used an army of dragons and against the second 4 titan keepers.

And yes as I said the attack on Stormwind and Orgrimmar which meant that Arthas was loosing control over the situation which was why he had to be dealt with.

Level 24
What I am saying is that there was some shreds of the old Arthas left in the Lich King but as they were slowly fading away the Lich King got more and more power. After a while even enough to organize two attacks on Orgrimmar and Stormwind. If Arthas had only been making the scourge more powerfull all along then there would have been no reason in crowning Bolvar the new Lich King.

And what you're not considering is that if the old gods were not weakened they would cast Sargeras out of Azeroth even though they might have been killed before they had regained their strength they still have loyal followers on other planets as proven in Outland and would the old gods go out in a full scaled and organized war against the titans and the burning legion I'm not sure who would come out the victor.

I don't understand exactly what you mean about Arthas and Bolvar.

I think we should stop this Old God topic it is a bit derailing and I think you're right in that we will never know who would win.

My point is that Bolvar could order the Scourge to kill itself or turn on itself.

There might not even need to be a Lich King to stop the Scourge going complete cuckoo on everyone as the Scourge could be stopped and if there was no Lich King there would be no force to tell it to conquer the world anyway.

I don't know about your end but on mine it is like 3 in the morning and I need some sleep so I think we can continue this another time and thanks for the debate.

Level 24

As Terenas Menethil say.

"Without it's masters command the restless scourge will become an even greater threat to this world, control must be maintained there must always be a Lich King."

Level 24
Well it's pretty much the closest thing we'll get to a proof and it's from a reliable source so I think you should not discard this so easily.

the restless scourge will become an even greater threat to this world, control must be maintained there must always be a Lich King.
And besides this, what other proof do we have about this?!? Blizzard is known to be very shallow about it's WoW lore!
Blizzard haven't created a convincing Scourge threat and that's what I'm saying.
And yes Blizz f....d it up indeed.

Last edited:
Level 24
Sin'dorei I'm sorry.

And no I meant Malygos, because if you follow the lore you'll know that he was the most powerfull and wiesest of dragon, not to mention he slayed Galakrond. (Even though all other aspects assisted he killed him and led the group.)

Maybe this sounds a litle better though:

Glory to the memory of Malygos.

Status
Not open for further replies.