• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footman Wars Advanced

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Here is a teaser of the updated map. We have computer AI which most maps don't have, towers upgrade, several races, several units per race, several heroes per race, heroes can now level up to 35, minor spells have 10 levels, major spells have 3 levels, voting for shops, you can change your name, anti-ally attacking trigger that punishes team attackers. This map is fairly balanced with NO cheats, unlike almost every footman wars map. Also, there are upgrades for attack, defense, health, and health regeneration for all non-hero, non-building units. Even more, although so people may get a hero's stats up to extremely high levels, the heroes can still be ripped apart by normal units, although not always easily. If there is anything else that I have forgotten, sorry. Basically though, most everything is better than most footman wars maps. Enjoy, and help spread this map and make it popular because if it does not pick up even slightly, more than 1,000 downloads in 5 months this time, the map will be trashed as a project.
~NightElfSoldier~

Keywords:
fun, fair, footman, wars, war, skillz, skills, skill, beta, computer, ai, nightelfsoldier, skillzthatchill, strategy, enjoyable, excellent, have, to,
Contents

Footman Wars Advanced (Map)

Reviews
02:19, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
A pretty fun map so far, looking forward to seeing the next version.

In the end game I just gathered a bunch of fliers and ganked the bases, with 10k extra gold. I'm assuming later updates will have more things so I won't rate it just yet.

Level 3
New Version In Progress

Will there be a new version coming out anytime?

Hey, all of those few that have found this map here yet. There is indeed a newer version coming out for TFT!(The Frozen Throne) It is in progress as we speak and it will have so much more in it that we'll let you wonder about it so it'll be a wonderful surprise. We also are going to, hopefully, have a RoC(Reign of Chaos) version to release. Also, this map has not been approved yet, it works!, so it hasn't shown up on the front of the page. We need this map spread as much as possible so request to mods that it is checked out and tell all your friends!

Last edited:
Level 3
It would probably help the map's approval if it actually got updated, as that would move it up to the top of the list which would make it seem like it isn't an "upload and forget" map.

It would also attract downloaders.

Level 3
Problems... Argh

It would probably help the map's approval if it actually got updated

The problem with that is that... *sigh* we had a lot of progress made on the map. I mean it was looking class A with nearly everything suped up and new triggers and spells added and all... but then some bug or other infected the map, and for the first time in ...ever we did not have a backup on about 4 other computers. So, um, that's a bit of a spirit breaker. Not sure how it'll work out with the map but hopefully everything will be fixed or something. Thanks for patience...

Level 3
Good News/Bad News

Hey, good news to the one person who might still read this, we retrieved most of the lost data of the update so that is great news. Bad news, no one cares... Sethyboy i believe it is, if you still come here, no one cares or even knows about this map. I'm seriously considering scrapping it because what's the point of me wasting my time if no one likes or cares about it, let alone knows about it.

Level 3
I subscribed to this a while ago lol.

I guess it has been a long time.

One last update can't hurt, as that will push it to the top of the list, which could get you the intrest you want.

After all these months no one has cared about the map because no one knows it exists. I probably sound like a broken record, but update the map at least once so more people can check it out. Even if you release a small update that adds shops, it still pushes it back up. Then release another update with a little more shops or other little features when it goes back down.

Level 3
Alright, One More Try

Alright, you convinced me to at least try one more update. However, before that I'm going to update to a rough draft of the update since the update could potentially take a lot longer to hash out. If that does well, then the update will definately be finished. We'll wait and see.

Level 3
The Ultimate Advice

Heres a helpful advice:
Theres been countless and countless of footies maps, if you want yours to stick out, you have to add a twist to the map that will make people want to play it. I've had some bad experiences with making some so called stupid duplicates of maps that are already out there.
Of course, I created them from scratch*

So if one twist isn't enough, add more! PM me if you want more help, I would be glad to help.

Level 3
The mods really needs to work harder at improving these situations.
The bigger guys are always picking on the little guys.
Bigger guys are the people who are more experienced,
while the little guys aren't.

Its okay man, don't blow your top. They don't realize how you feel when you accomplish something new and makes you proud.

Don't live up to their expectations, live up to yours.
~ Ancient

Level 3
Yawn... You still checkin here Seth? Anyone? Any mod want to? For the first time probably ever? Sheesh. Prob busy but damn. Pushed it back to top o list and still nothing. Working on map slightly but not too much since nothing is going for it. Just so you know, there will be more balancing, possibly more AI advancement, possibly a rewards system, units will prob have spells, possibly unique advantages for each race, maybe new towers, probably new items, maybe new upgrades, maybe new spells/heroes, and idk what else I might think of. If someone looks here and wants to help spread the word bout this map, thatd be great. ~sigh~ pretty much it...