• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] Footies v. DoTa

Status
Not open for further replies.

So this is just a start to a discussion thread and if there is enough interest, I will build the map. I was hoping to get help with ideas, triggers and terraining but we'll see how it goes.

Concept

So it's 8 players. Four on the inside (the Footies) and four out in the corners at starting bases (Dota). The Dota player have auto-spawned unit that march toward the middle. The footies get units on a timer that can be controlled. The Dota units must be slightly more powerful to start to keep it balanced. Balance is going to be the biggest challenge in this game. The basic idea is that the Dota style players must try to take out the footmen and vice versa.
Please comment and let me know what you think.

Level 30
Looks good but there seems to be no enjoyment on the footies side knowing that it only composes of footmens, am I right? Maybe I would suggest more is a DotA vs. Warcraft like game? Footies seems to be not that enjoyable in my opinion though.

And just a question here, would the footies compose of hero footmen or just normal units? Same for DotA, heroes right?

And I do think this should be in Idea Factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.