• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Food System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I remembered the old rage-system which made use of food, and lately I've been thinking about different ideas on how it might be put back into use.

Pay in mind It's all just brainstorming, nitpicking and such is great and any suggestions/modifications are more than welcome.

1. Buff (You choose a buff of your liking, for example to use your food to boost AP/Armor/Resistance/Crit Chance/Crit Power... List goes on. Which could potentially add diversity.)
2. Self Heal (Really simple, heals character consumes food.)
3. Buff and Self-heal combined (You get chosen buff for each X food you've got in store. You can choose to heal yourself - consuming your food, and resetting your buff.

1. Time-based, so every x seconds you get 1/XXX food.
2. Time/Combat-based, every x seconds in combat you gain 1/XXX food. (Resets after combat).
3. Combat-based, each time you get hit/deliver a hit you gain 1/XXX food. (IMBALANCED).

1. Max food depending on level of character.
2. Max food depending on quest progress.
3. Max food depending on players in-game.

Note, this is just a couple of ideas, up for change and certainly up for discussion, I rather encourage discussion as much as possible. Thank you for your time!

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
I'd rather see food as another currency for endgame items (maybe Champion token, or Token of Heroism etc.) obtainable through killing bosses in d4 or doing hard quests (hard = u can do them once per game, quest objective should be something from D4).
I also came up with idea of ultra hard quests (ultrahard != grind x mobs with 0.0000001% to drop quest item) which would give legendary weapon as a reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.