• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flying units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Weeniedog said:
hi i would really like to know how to make normal ground units preferably hero's to fly for a period of time with a trigger thanks in advance

add fly height,,,go to spell section and copy the trigger in Cloud Ability spells. and most spell in there got trigger how to enable temp Fly. go check it out!

Level 5
Eusira said:
Randy, CnP is bad... VERY BAD

You could set the height and turn off collision for a short time but when it turns back on, there is a nasty effect

For me i uses different ways, i dont copy those triggers in the spell sections, cause its all Screwed up and noobs, you see im workin on an Open rpg map right now,, and i can enable Fly for all UNITS and Disable it, its work PERPECT for me :p just a little trigger its work GOOD, less peoples know this triggers , Ya all peoples got all different ways, CAUSE IN SPELL SECTION, THE TRIGGERS ONLY WORK FOR ONE UNIQUE UNIT ONLY, my trigger work for ALL UNITS in my map, ehehe when its turn back on, there is a nasty effect :D LOL cause your trigger was wrong and its 100& wrong thats why... well spell section is for downloadable and good for noob to leanrs spell triggers, you're right, CnP is bad ,,but with noob its doesn't :roll: ,,,,

Level 5
randym4a1 said:
Weeniedog said:
hi i would really like to know how to make normal ground units preferably hero's to fly for a period of time with a trigger thanks in advance

add fly height,,,go to spell section and copy the trigger in Cloud Ability spells. and most spell in there got trigger how to enable temp Fly. go check it out!
ok so let me get this straight you suggest i make a trigger then copy it to the spells section in the object editor???

Level 5
if you want an ability that makes a unit fly, add an ability that doesn't have an effect, then in the triggers put:
events: a unit uses an ability.
conditions: ability being cast equal to (whatever it is)
Actions: find some action that affects fly height or movement.

Level 5
Weeniedog said:
randym4a1 said:
Weeniedog said:

ok so let me get this straight you suggest i make a trigger then copy it to the spells section in the object editor???

ya kind of,,, cause this is a trick spell not a normal spell,,, in those map i mentioned there a trick that enable a casting unit Fly, after that that change fly height and then when its finish then remove the fly trick,,,but in those map in spell section its only work for one unique unit, there a way to make it work for all units in playable map,,try figure out,,just go download the spell and take a look.

Level 5
Weeniedog said:
eeh well thanks for the advice but i cant find the flying spell i've looked but cant find could you just give me the site thingy?

Sorry i cant remember the site ID ,, there one called Cloud Abilities and the other one call Jump Spell.

Level 5
To make a ground unit fly just use Dragonspawn's neat jump trick. Make a dummy metamorph skill that has a flying unit as it morphing unit. Then make trigger that adds the meatmorph to the casting unit then quickly take it away(this tricks the game into think the unit can have a flying hight). Just turn his colision off and change his flying hight.

Status
Not open for further replies.