• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Floating Text problems... huh?!:O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

I'm having a weird problem with a floating text. The problem is that it's showing less text then I ordered ingame. Example:

JASS:
set HeroTooltip[0] = "|cff008d95Rune Warrior.|n|nUnlike most dwarves Rune Warriors use magic on the battlefield. Rune Warriors are heavy armored warriors able to Heal or tank. They use runes with ever ability. Runes are used for buffs and healing over time which makes them very good for any lineup on the battlefield. A Rune Warrior is the stereotype supporter class every team likes to have.|r"
set HeroTooltip[1] = "|cff959fffArchmage.|n|nArchmagi are the most cunning spellcasters of Gryphonwing Hold. With their water and wind magic they can deal heavy frost damage by freezing the water when the time is right for it. By slowing down their enemies with various water debuffs followed by freezing stuns they are great in kiting various enemies, however because of the light armor they're wearing it's really necessary to keep their enemies at range.|r"
set HeroTooltip[3] = "|cffecbd00Redeemer.|n|nRedeemers are disciplined human warriors. They are cunning and swift assassins that are proud of the human race and are even willing to die if their race needs it. Redeemers fight a never ending war against the undead and won't stop until there's no darkness left in the world. Redeemers are the proud icon of the Gryphonwing humans and are therefor threaten like heroes by every human villager they come across. Wielding a strong sword in one hand and a with gold decorated pistol in the other hand Redeemers are there to defeat any unholy creature they come across.|r"

They should display the text I programmed in there but the triggers aren's displaying it propperly!

This is what I'm eventually getting (3 differnt heroes combined with paint lol)
427736928f44963860afea7956b4c1845ff3f39.jpg

At the 1st hero there's still some text but eventually it stops, but at the other 2 it just stops all of a sudden.:S

Here's the script I'm using to create the texttag.
JASS:
local texttag T = CreateTextTag()

call SetTextTagText(T,HeroTooltip[i],0.017) 
call SetTextTagPos(T,-15190,-16135,0)

Anyone has an idea on how to fix this?

Level 19
After figuring some things out I still didn't get it under control.

Try number 1:
set HeroTooltip[0] = "|cff008d95Rune Warrior.|n|nUnlike most dwarves Rune Warriors use magic on|nthe battlefield. Rune Warriors are heavy armored|nwarriors able to Heal or tank. They use runes with|nevey ability. Runes are used for buffs and healing|nover time which makes them very good for any|nlineup on the battlefield. A Rune Warrior is the|nstereotype supporter class every team likes to have.|r"

Try number 2:
set HeroTooltip[0] = "|cff008d95Rune Warrior.|n|nUnlike most dwarves Rune Warriors use magic|non the battlefield. Rune Warriors are|nheavy armored warriors able to Heal or|ntank. They use runes with every ability.|nRunes are used for buffs and healing|nover time which makes them very good|nfor any lineup on the battlefield.|nA Rune Warrior is the stereotype|nsupporter class every team likes to have.|r"

At try number 1 I just randomly placed some |n marks, but at try number 2 I tried to not get over 40 characters each line (so that one should have been better)

Here are the results:
4277812499816ec7ad91c094e7529937a812892.jpg

Whatever I change from try #1 it will always get back to the place where the last word of the sentence would have been "armored" like in the main post.

Gief feedback since this is shittey!

Level 19
Tried till now and my headache will make me stop trying. IT just doesn't make sence! Sometimes text disapears and sometimes text doesn't disapear!:O

Status
Not open for further replies.