• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Floating Text Not Showing when Color is Modified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey, so my floating text is working fine until I change any of the color settings. Basically, if I leave color at (100%, 100%, 100%) then the text shows just fine, but as soon as I change it the text doesn't appear ingame. Is there something I am supposed to be doing before I am able to use colored text or something?

Level 20
1- Transparency %? Right after the colors, should be 0%.
2- Fading age -> Time when the text starts fading
3- ***** AGe -> When the Text is definitely destroyed...

Colors by themself shouldn't affect the text showing up or not, only transparency. Even 0%, 0%, 0%, is black.

If you keep having problems, you can do the color with 100%, 100%, 100%, and add the color code in the text like
|cffff0000YourTextHere|r <- Red

Level 8
show us your floating text trigger...

hivehelp.jpg

This is it, but when I change the color it doesn't show. I can literally change the color back to (100,100,100) and it will show again.

Level 20
Size 18 is big.. :D

The text has 2 leaks.
1 -Create Floating text... at "Point -> Position of Dummy..."
2 - "Show .... for Player Group - Player 1 (Red).

How to fix:
1- Create a "Point" variable (I'll call it "Point").
1.1 - Set Pont = Position of DUmmy Destructable1 6489 <gen>
1.2 - Floating Text - Create.. bla bla.. at "Point"...
1.3 - Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

2- Create a "Force" variable (I'll call it "Force").
2.1 - Set Force = Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
2.2 - Show CharacterChreationText[1] for Force
2.3 - Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_Force)

So far, seems like you're new at this. I would suggest you to tell us what do you want to achieve with this, or what you want to use it, maybe we can help you doing it the right way, or a better way. I mean, Why showing it just for Player 1? Why declare it into a Variable Array?

The Floating Text creation, colors and %'s are all good. There should be no problem with those.

You can Right Click on Trigger name (In this case: "Character Creation Text Copy" and select "Copy as Text", then you can post it here within Trigger tabs.
[Trigger]
*Paste Your Trigger Here
[/Trigger]

And it will look like this:

• *Paste Your Trigger Here

- Is this the only "Map Initialization" trigger you have? You should only have 1. You can use action "Run <Trigger>" in the Map Init trigger, but not several triggers with same Map Init event. I'm not sure, but I've heard it may show some problems.
- Try creating the floating text with event "Elapsed Gametime is 0.00". Off course, after fixing the leaks.
- Maybe you could Hide the text for the rest, instead of just showing it to the red?

Level 8
i don't really find anything wrong with changing the colors. i had it at (100%, 0%, 0%) and it shows red, had it at (0%, 0%, 0%) and it shows black. even tried having it at 50% and 100% transparency and the text still shows (yeah, 100% transparency and still shows. i don't know how that happened)

maybe something about the position of the destructable is making it disappear at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.