• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Floating Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Anyone able to make a floating island model?
Something you could replace an elevator model with and then be able to see that its flying by itself when high enough in the air.

Level 1
Not quite what I'm looking for, but that sounds like a good place to start a model edit from...thanks for the help

im a little lost on your vision? are you trying to make a huge isle, that units walk on? but if they get to the edge they see clouds or sumthin? that effect is pretty easy to master without any custom models :) (other than maybe clouds)
if your using it as a doodad it probably shouldnt be to huge?

whatdya mean by elevator? plan to have units stand on it, then it transports them?

oh and maybe a pic, of about its size/shape? and if you want trees, ect on it?

Level 1
Sort of like a giant flying island, with the sides going in...not sure how you would do that without a model. And by elevator I mean to have units standing on top of it, and allowing me to terrain each one differently with only one model. A plain top, possibly with interchangeable textures, would be nice =). If you google "flying island" you might see some examples of what I'm thinking (Image search).

Edit: Being able to put stuff under it would be nice as well

well it sorta can be done.. models can use the ground textures, but you would have to 'model' all of the terrain, none of it would be done in the editor...
try this perhaps, take the sides of your 'island' as low as possible in editor (use the 90degree angle txt doc, or newgen)
next take the floating island doodads, and lace the entire sides with them, so that when looking over the edge you see the islands
remove their movement, and align them with the terrain (this asumes your using the matching outland terrain)

next get a 'cloud' model here, and spam a bit of them around the edges, ect
this should create a nice floating isle effect

Status
Not open for further replies.