• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flipping Doodads 90 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Title says it all. I've messed with the angle values, but how would I flip a doodad 90 degrees?

Help is appreciated.

Ham

Ham

Level 5
it depends on which doodad is it, most of doodads such crates can be fliped 90 degrees by just double clicking them and editing their values, or must just chance it's model from the one flip-able to the one u want (use crates as base), other must be edited in an special 3D editor such magos, but you must consider it's patching as well.

Level 9
I don't have WE open now. But in the obejct editor nearly at the top,
there is something called Pitch Angle and Pitch Degress (I mean, cant remember)

Try setteing them to a negative value, like -3,14. (you need to hold shif down)

Level 8
90 degree turn - lets say you wanted to lay a column on its side, in the object editor Art - Max Roll or Art Maximum pitch (just one of these) hold down shift and double click, then enter -1.57

That number lays doodads down on their side. Mind most doodads end up halve buried in the ground, you will need to select the doodad and while holding Ctrl use the page up key this will raise it, page down lowers it.

To completely turn a doodad on its head, lets say you want to use stalagmites as stalactites for a cave scene, select one or the other of pitch or roll and enter -3.14

Unfortunately doodads will have their 'base' at ground level, thus you will most likely not see it, you will have to select it and raise it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.