• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flesh Magus

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
"Don't trust the mountain men. One unlucky glance and they'll stab yer eye out, and if ye are really unlucky, they'll grow it back..."

- Hogdan One-Eye, Dwarf Soldier

Tribal healer. They get their magic from pacts with ancient eldritch powers.

Very satisfied with how this one turned out, especially the staff.

Use in whatever way you want.

Update: Added a black-robed version
Contents

Flesh Magus (Model)

Flesh Magus Black (Model)

Flesh Magus Black Portrait (Model)

Flesh Magus Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A bit too simple, but I am sure people still might find use for it.
Level 19
Like others I find the staff distracting, but at the same time the size and awrkwardness and crudeness of it kinda akes the model, like the guy is more an acessory of the staff than the other way around. Also it looks different enough from the Necrolyte to be a new unit. The small note is due to it being nice and simple, but nothing groundbreaking really.

Level 13
i agree with everyone the staff is kinda big, but other than that it's an excellent model and i really needed a red bearded mage for my map, so thank you for posting. Looks good and works fine ingame based on a few tests.

Level 49
Cute model. The staff looks fantastic, and from the previews I would disagree with other posters about it being too big. Although, I haven't seen it in-game compared to other units, so I can't be sure about that.
The biggest issue here is that most of the model (the body, robes, etc) are identical to the Orc Necrolyte. At the very least, the texture should be played around with and changed. I would love to see some other changes, though - a big, gory necklace with animal \ humanoid bits, a belt or trophy sack to replace the Necrolyte's book and loincloth, maybe some different, furry boots. Swapping out the hood and shoulder-poncho for something else would do the trick just as well.