• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

flamethrower tower, how to get a good flame projectile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I started by trying to use the space orc flames but then found out that it's attached to the model's attack animation.

next attempt was to use this model

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...t-49029/?prev=search=flamethrower&d=list&r=20

with this trigger

• flameaattack inferno tower
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Inferno Tower (Tier 3)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Attacking unit) face (Attacked unit) over 0.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the third sprite of (Attacking unit) using war3mapImported\Konstrukt_FlameThrowerEffektAttachment.MDX
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

in case it matters, I'm using:
buildings\other\TowerDefenseTower\TowerDefenseTower.mdl
which is the "Boulder Tower, Advanced Boulder Tower, Cold Tower.......etc, the tower model used in blizzard TD

Is there an attachment point I can use to make the flamethrower effect go toward the attacked unit instead of just always going down?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also tried this

• flameaattack inferno tower
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Inferno Tower (Tier 3)
    • Actions
      • Set aaTempPoint = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY (dummy unit) for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at aaTempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY (dummy unit) for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at aaTempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_aaTempPoint)
      • Set aaTempUnit = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Make aaTempUnit face (Attacked unit) over 0.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of aaTempUnit using war3mapImported\Konstrukt_FlameThrowerEffektAttachment.MDX
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

Level 25
Yes, base the tower of the Ancient Protector. If you then remove the ability root or disable it with triggers, I still think the tower will be able to rotate. There is tutorial somewhere on the forums for it otherwise.

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 26
Status
Not open for further replies.