• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fixing Errors in Resources?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Well, it is simple as that - there are resources that are not working, can cause errors, or cause them already, and they're still approved. Why?

Is there any possible way of forcing creators to fix these resources? Is it possible for administrators to re-upload them to make them work?

It's just annoying when I have to browse through Hive for hours in cast I want to find a solution to my problems.

Examples:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...idess-47951/?prev=search=druidess&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-57906/?prev=search=nature&r=20&d=list&page=2

Level 17
Just report the resource and state the problem with it, somebody will eventually get around to dealing with the situation.
Pretty sure people on the staff have lives and won't randomly search through the whole list of resources just to see if something is working or not.

Level 17
It is, but these resources you want to be solved are much older resources which were more than likely approved for different reasons.
I can however vouch for the Nightelf Druidess because it did work me the last time I used it in-game (sometime earlier this year), the other one I have no idea.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

First of all, like Skycraft already stated, although it may seem like moderators have all the time in the world, we are fairly busy and we're doing this as a favour to the Hive. We are not paid to work here and we spend our time as we see fit. We already have enough with handling new resources - and we do check whether or not a resource works properly before approving it, but WC3 is patched now and then, and resources can be updated. So if you do see a resource that doesn't work, report it and it will be handled - if it doesn't work, it will be rejected. That is what the report function is for.

As far as why they were approved, resources can be updated after being approved without going back to pending, and resources from the past may have been approved on different grounds or may only have worked properly with an earlier version of WC3.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I don't get it why was this model approved in the first place. It causes several annoying issues, and is not usable.
Such as? For all we could know you might just be using it incorrectly. You need to explain how you have come to the conclusion of a resource being broken with evidence instead of just an opinion that you think it might be broken.

The icon I can believe seeing as how coments back then were saying it was not working.

Do be aware that Blizzard has released multiple patches since the production of some of the resources submited to this site. Many of these patches have greatly altered how the game engine behaves and as such it is very well possible that working resources have stopped working. An example is all maps that used to use the typecasting bug (double return) are no longer playable. Another example is that minor changes to the game engine have been known to cause unexpected results in various custom maps that require patching. Although less likly with models and icons, it is still possible that patches have also changed how they are used by the game engine so might no longer work as their authors intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.