• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Submission to the T.Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
HI,
heres a playable terrain I did a few months back, this scrn was in my profile album & friend fladdermasken told me to show this to the terrain board. so here it is:
186437-albums2875-picture35159.jpg

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
As previously stated, I love this. The scenery is quite melancholic and really enjoyable.

The only matter slightly bugging me is the water, you should've used a watermodel with a better tint to it.
I love the shorelines and the trees fading towards the excessively white background, something that may be considered badly in general but really works for this scenery.

Job well done.

Level 7
Very nice work you have here. Fogging is well done and i love those tree models(from high res pack?). I have to agree with flad, that the water is little bit wrong color. Atm it is too intensive on this picture. dosent well fit with the picture. So when water would be more less blue, maybe slightly more gray, then it would be better.

Keep it going!

Level 11
I love the trees and the river, however the bridge doesnt exite me. Good job though.
Thanks man.

As previously stated, I love this. The scenery is quite melancholic and really enjoyable.

The only matter slightly bugging me is the water, you should've used a watermodel with a better tint to it.
I love the shorelines and the trees fading towards the excessively white background, something that may be considered badly in general but really works for this scenery.

Job well done.

Very nice work you have here. Fogging is well done and i love those tree models(from high res pack?). I have to agree with flad, that the water is little bit wrong color. Atm it is too intensive on this picture. dosent well fit with the picture. So when water would be more less blue, maybe slightly more gray, then it would be better.

Keep it going!

Thankyou both of you. :grin:
About the water: its not a water model but the wc3 shallow water terrain.
Is there a way to tint water color? If there is then I'm unaware of it. Please link me to a tutorial if thats the case.

About the tree models: not from the high res pack, but custom made trees specially for this project. This is a scrn from an RPG map.

About the Fog: Yes it is too thick, but I intended it so because of the high poly trees, I used other doodads such as grass & small plants sparingly. That made the landscape look barren & I had to use thick fog to hide the flaw.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
About the water: its not a water model but the wc3 shallow water terrain.
Is there a way to tint water color? If there is then I'm unaware of it. Please link me to a tutorial if thats the case.
I know you used the Warcraft III water, hence I suggested using a watermodel instead as it'll look more authentic - plus it's easily tinted to match the color scheme.
You can tint the Warcraft water in Scenario>Options but it isn't as efficient.

About the Fog: Yes it is too thick, but I intended it so because of the high poly trees, I used other doodads such as grass & small plants sparingly. That made the landscape look barren & I had to use thick fog to hide the flaw.
I don't consider it too thick actually, I quite enjoy it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.