• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Firedarts v1.1

Tooltip
Conjures multiple burning arrows around the caster.
Each arrow has a 50% chance to hit the targeted unit and stun it for 0.2s
Damage: Int * 1
Range: 800
Type: Active
Cooldown: 8s
--
*Spell is mui/gui/epic
*Spell was requested by ike_ike, so the idea of this spell is not mine, but the result
*If you want to use this spell in your map, credit us two please :p
--
2oo9 by Squiggy

[Hidden="Changelog]Fixed some dummyremoval-issues (THX DSG :D)[/Hidden]

Keywords:
fire darts firedarts damage flame stun gui mui random
Contents

Firedarts (Map)

Reviews
13:27, 8th Mar 2009 Dr Super Good: Recommended This spell is prtty impresive when cast. It also does what it says it does and appears to not be buggy (doing strange or unexpected things). The damage based on stats I like a lot is...

M

13:27, 8th Mar 2009
Dr Super Good:
Evaluation

Rating

Recommended
Rating Comment

This spell is prtty impresive when cast. It also does what it says it does and appears to not be buggy (doing strange or unexpected things). The damage based on stats I like a lot is many RPGs could benifit from using such a system. Also the fact thats it is both MUI and leakless makes it very usable in almost every map. The mechanics behind it could be slightly more cleaver but that might add additional complexity to the spell which would make it hard to use. Unfortunatly it can be hard to modify specific parts of the spell and its efficiency is not very good both due to it being GUI.

Suggestions . . .
- Optimize code (using jass if nescesscary)
Advice: If you do not understand why this spell was given the rating it received or if you would like to ask questions about how to improve this spell. Feel free to send a private message to spell moderator Dr Super Good.

Level 25
@Squiggy
Gj on finding the time to create spells and do requests!
I didn't know you make spells until recently when you started uploading spells...

@The Spell
A requested spell, i won't rate it cuz it's made for the wishes of the requester, my opinion isn't that important, it's the requester's rating you should value...

Level 8
There's a bit of a problem with how this spell interacts with other systems for notifications about a Hero's death and revival system (in AOS maps, typically).
I have separate systems to inform when a Hero dies, where a message appears, and another one for reviving it, etc and it always registers the fire darts as Heroes LOL. Very annoying.

Additional bug: replacing the darts with normal, Non Hero units should have dealt with the problem, as the Intelligence can be stored as an integer anyway, but for some reason the dummy units keep on MISSing the target (the word "miss" actually appears).

Last edited: