• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire Breathing Statue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am currently looking for a Doodad model.
What i need is a statue that could be either put next to a wall or look as though it was hanging from the wall.
The statue should have some sort of gaping monster head. it can be a dragon but it doesnt have to.
Anything will work as long as it will look good with the games Vertical flame trap special effect coming out of it (That long flamethrower thing).
I looked around HIVE and suprisingly couldnt find anything like that.

Level 12
I am currently looking for a Doodad model.
What i need is a statue that could be either put next to a wall or look as though it was hanging from the wall.
The statue should have some sort of gaping monster head. it can be a dragon but it doesnt have to.
Anything will work as long as it will look good with the games Vertical flame trap special effect coming out of it (That long flamethrower thing).
I looked around HIVE and suprisingly couldnt find anything like that.
Aren't there some in vanilla war3 ? I remember there was a level where... Arthas(or Anub'Arak ?) had to pass through a labyrinth with some fire coming from the walls and there was some fire-dispenser-looking doodads for visual aid.

It is possible that I am thinking of starcraft though...

regards
-Ned

Level 3
Aren't there some in vanilla war3 ? I remember there was a level where... Arthas(or Anub'Arak ?) had to pass through a labyrinth with some fire coming from the walls and there was some fire-dispenser-looking doodads for visual aid.

It is possible that I am thinking of starcraft though...

regards
-Ned
I just checked and unfortunately the fire just randomly comes out of the walls in that level no statues :/

Level 5
You could maybe edit the existing dragon models to make them look like a statue, make them a unit/building/destructible and remove their collision. Then place them to the side of the wall, change their animation to 0.00% via triggers and then place the Fire Traps in a way that makes them look like they're coming out of the big dragon head that's coming out of the wall.
I dunno, just an idea. Alternatively, there are models in Hive that are just dragon heads or dragon helmets, so you could use that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.