• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Version Of My Game-Cache Based Save/Load Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
OK, I think I got it fully working right now.

It's a script that stores the hero (-> level, class, items), his map position and the current amount of money in a game-cache refering to the players name (in b.net the account-name, which is not that easy to hack, eh?) on the players compi. I'll upload a testmap with description in the WE and in a txt-file so everyone can use it. Expect the testmap to be uploaded in a week (beta-testing it).

Plz, give credit if you use the information, this one was hard work!!!

Level 13

Rad

Rad

Level 5
i still say u should figure out a way where it just generates random letters for all your stats... like if your strength is 20 it adds gao somewhere in the code... but hell i dont know :)

Level 5
Rad said:
i still say u should figure out a way where it just generates random letters for all your stats... like if your strength is 20 it adds gao somewhere in the code... but hell i dont know :)

Rad you're a mega noob just be quiet ! and stop showing off, you dont know shit about triggering its not a nOOBer trigger!.

DarkShadow ill download your map and see how you done it, im still busy on my map,,well if i have time i will check for u.

Level 5
-=Emergenzy=- said:
Game-cache only work in single player, i had test long time ago, with 2 computers.

I hope Blizzard make it so it also work in multiplayer, it cut be cool :D

Ya i just check his save load script and its seem weird, i was askin in his map section, is the save script for single player or campaign map,

DarkShadow
for Multi Online bnet game, you need to set Heroes + Items + Levels + Gold or Abilities to the list, and then set them to Varibles then Run randomize code ETC for example,, in the Loading trigger its not that hard to do,,like a player enter an equal code then run the randomize again,,if codes equal to saved hero + items + level then creat that hero + creat saved items then set saved level ,,,Blah blah,, man its very headache and complicated, i tried like a month and asked a friend to helped also to make my own Save Code work :) to me, Save Load is the hardest triggers in war3 , its not eazy as 1, 2, 3 its the most complicated triggers ever.

Level 3
1: think first plz, like they said you cant use cache for multiplayer
2: know when you know it try something else

Level 13
LOL, guys, did you even see when I posted last? Yup, Holy rabbit, I realized that b.net/LAN-game caches only work during the game and are deleted automatically after leaving.

I didn't know that before and a guy was asking if it's possible to create a save/load-code using game-caches (that was the idea behind this, not creating a letter-code like every other online save/load-code :roll: ), so I tried and created this one :wink:

I don't think I need to explain this more, I didn't remove my testmap because perhaps someone could need it.

Level 4
randym4a1 said:
...man its very headache and complicated, i tried like a month and asked a friend to helped also to make my own Save Code work :) to me, Save Load is the hardest triggers in war3 , its not eazy as 1, 2, 3 its the most complicated triggers ever.

Um, save/load code-systems are trivial to create. Adding protection methods to the code-system to try to prevent cheating makes it a little more complicated, but even then I'd say the task is pretty easy overall.

And yeah, just to chime in, cache can't be saved in LAN/BNet games. In fact, I don't think it works in single either unless you're in campaign mode, but I'll admit it's been awhile since I tested that, and I never tested that aspect very thoroughly after I discovered it was useless for multiplayer.

Level 13
redscull said:
In fact, I don't think it works in single either unless you're in campaign mode, but I'll admit it's been awhile since I tested that, and I never tested that aspect very thoroughly after I discovered it was useless for multiplayer.

OK, only to clarify it. It works on normal singleplayer-mode, no matter if it's a campaign or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.