• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

File Path of the Pink Gem!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
If you don't know what I'm talkin' 'bout then open World Editor, then at the bottom right corner you will see the green gem icon... And if you click it, it's color changes into pink. Now what do you think is the file path of that icon? Don't tell me 'bout the effects of clicking it 'cause I know them already... Just askin' for the file path only... Maybe it's hidden somewhere? Or is it compiled in the WE exe?

Last edited:
Level 30
The gem you are seeing in WE is a Gem Fragment item in Warcraft or Gem of True SIght item in DotA. But its in WE so find the item Gem Fragment and thats it. For the pink one, I dont actually know where is that but you can just save the image of the Gem Fragment in your computer by extracting it and recolor it to pink and there.

Wow... How'd you found those?
You can use Magos' War3ModelEditor to view/extract any file in warcraft 3.
(Windows -> MPQ Browser -> File -> War3.mpq or War3x.mpq)

All editor related textures are in the "ReplaceableTextures\WorldEditUI\" -folder.

Oh holy cheeseburger! It's Kitabatake! The Mapper + Modeller guy! I love your works man.
That's nice to hear!

Level 11
You can use Magos' War3ModelEditor to view/extract any file in warcraft 3.
(Windows -> MPQ Browser -> File -> War3.mpq or War3x.mpq)

All editor related textures are in the "ReplaceableTextures\WorldEditUI\" -folder.

Oh, okay... Thanks for the info...

That's nice to hear!

I can say it many many times!

You're actually one of my favorite members in this site!
I admire your determination on making maps...
You make models for your maps (which is another thing) and then makes the map (another thing again) 'til it's done. Inspiring. You rock! :goblin_yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.