• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fiend

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Story: Even with the infamous Old God Yogg'Saron defeated, his minions have lived on. The many people of Azeroth believe they have seen all the horrors Yogg'Saron had ever made, but they were very wrong. Deep within Azjol'Nerub lurks indescribable creatures, The Forgotten Fiends. As large as an abomination and made up of thousands of vine-like tentacles come together, the Fiends are a horrible sight to see. Adventurers dare not go deep enough in Azjol'Nerub to see one, and ones that foolishly do never return.

changelog
v1.0 - uploaded
v1.1 - added some armor, improved the wrap
v1.2 - finally got around to improving the wrap, you will notice the crease between the belly and legs in model viewer but from the in-game view its completely invisible due to the bulging eye

Keywords:
fiend, nerubian, forgotten one, old god, faceless, tentacles, monster, fixed, updated
Contents

Fiend (Model)

Fiend (Model)

Reviews
13th August 2010 General Frank: You did not really improve the model. The wrap and the composition is very bad. They are lots of hard edges and the textures strech too much. The colour scheme is not coherent and the overall look is very bad. I...

M

13th August 2010
General Frank:

You did not really improve the model. The wrap and the composition is very bad. They are lots of hard edges and the textures strech too much. The colour scheme is not coherent and the overall look is very bad.
I see nothing to improve here. Rejected.

Level 26
see this as my moderation's comment(just posting it here to keep the box clean :>)

first of all: your concept is awesome. I would never have came up with the idea to create a forgotten monster based on the abomination.

First of all I will sum up points I really like:
- putting the eye on the belly is really creative
- that mouth/face looks really nice
- that tentacle arm is just awesome

But there are a few things that I don't like and that should be fixed:
- the unwrap is a mess. I simply cannot aprove it because of that. Even if blizzard might have done a bad job on it, it is still your job to fix their mistakes.
- the crypt lord parts look completely out of space. If you still want to add arms like that you should either make the transition from 1 part to another much more fluent or use another texture for it. Or add more parts like that on this model(see next point)
- I really think you should at least some armor to it. I know it is a forgotten, but this on is a much stronger species and would also make it appeal much more interesting(right now it is pretty much a blob)

Oh and your portrait model has 2 cameras for some reason. Remove the one that uses that strange sign.

Level 7
Well, i can see this as approved but not at a high rating since at my own opinion it doesnt look that good, probablt the mix between the crypt lord skin (i believe) and the forgotten ones.

Level 22
He doesn't say that. He says this thing needs more nerubian parts as the one nerubish part used as a hand.
Neat model

But it isn't Nerubian? It's a "Forgotten Creature" which are like the Forgotten One and Faceless Ones.... If something isn't of a certain "type" then why would you try and make it so?

Excellent model Takakenji this is one of the most original ideas I've seen on THW (The Hive Workshop) Gratz 4\5. Wrap is the a little messy though. "DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!" The man exclaimed.

I'd say switch the eye up to the head and add the tendrils like the forgotten ones and then put that mouth on the belly where the eye is and change the crypt lord arm. maybe add something epic to make it stand out.

I don't know why everyone is complaining about that eye on the stomach - it's a creative idea imo. Though this still kinda looks like the abomination model with the forgotten one skin slapped on it.