• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fiend

EDIT: Yeah, uh, new texture and nothing else, sadly, despite there being things I could've fixed about the model but couldn't.

EDIT: Hey, Dio here! If you enjoy my work, a tip would be most welcome! Even a little helps a lot!

Keywords:
snap dragon, purple, lizard, fangs, dragon, omg, chain, squig, dire, wolf
Contents

Fiend (Model)

Fiend (Model)

Reviews
13:01, 14th Aug 2009 Cavman: Downloaded and tested. Everything works fine. Nifty idea for the TC. Approved.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

13:01, 14th Aug 2009
Cavman:
Downloaded and tested. Everything works fine. Nifty idea for the TC. Approved.

Level 26
I sertiously think that this is 1 of your best models so far, because it is cute and creepy at the same time :)

oh and you should make an animation transfer to the spirit wolf model because your model will also have a spell animation then^^

Edit: you should also fix the alpha channel at the chain because you can see a black cube around it

Level 18
No DIO! It's an awesome model..thus why
And I'd say make this unit mountable for one of the units you've made in this Ancient Elf pack
Like a unmounted land unit, mounted air kinda Hippogryph Rider

Last edited:
Level 6
If you're going to make a flying version, perhaps you could give it a spell animation like the Druid of the Talon (take off/land), and have a version of this model that can be ground-based or flying.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
I think it's a bit too purple, honestly. Most of the model is covered with the same super-saturated purple, which makes it a little hard to follow. You've got heaps of areas where you can add some colour variation, chiefly the skin between the wings and the scales along the top. Heck, you could even splash some more team colour in there to liven things up.

Great model, otherwise. It'd be awesome to see what you'll do for the rider :) Say, there's a thought: merge the wyvern rider's throwing attack animation onto the raider/wolf for consistency with the flying version you mentioned xD

Level 16
Quite creative.
I couldnt really imagine an elf riding this,
but its more fitting than these Giant Chickens
Blizzard gave the Blood-elves (i know you said
"Ancient elves")

About the flying version:
i could imagine that thing with
skin attached to each of the front legs
to let them glide.
And if that was too predictable:
How about really really bad flatulence?