• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FieldView ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Project homepage:
http://www.fvorpg.com

Map history:
FVORPG A200 is the child born from the limitations encountered when attempting to update A195 to A196.
The end result: The A1xx series was abandoned in favor of A200.
FVORPG A200 is the first map in a series of maps, much like the A1xx series.

General information:
As mentioned A200 is the first map in the FVORPG series, the maps sport a custom plug-in allowing the saving of characters on a centralized master server.
No more -load codes with the finger slipping that comes with them.
The plug-in also allow previously impossible tasks such as player interaction across different Warcraft III: Frozen Throne games.

Features:
-Open ended multi-map spanning world.
-Centralized character storage for easy saving/loading across multiple maps
-Quest-lines spanning over multiple maps
-Hundreds of custom items
-Player creatable items
-Multi game spanning player shops, trade with players in other FVORPG games
-Persistent quest states, your progress is automatically saved.
-Global events controlled from a centralized master server
-Dynamic hero classes, no more picking a class and being stuck with it
-Item bound abilities and skills, stab with a knife, aimed shot with a bow
-Battle.net play, with multi game trading
-And much much more

The team:
Jattenalle - Terrain, triggers, plug-in creation, planning, ideas
1nfektion - Lore, story, quests, planning, ideas
dsamlk - Playtesting, story, quests, ideas

Credits (In no particular order):
xXm0RpH3usXx - Models
killst4r - Models
Rondo - Models

Again, the official project website can be found at: http://www.fvorpg.com

More screen shots can be found at the official site in the Gallery section.

Information about the FVO WC3 Mod can be found here: http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33887

Flame away! *Puts on fireproof suit*:emote_razz:

Last edited:
Level 24
wow looks pretty nice. i haven't played the A1xx series, and it isn't immediately apparent from the post, so is this played over BNet?

Level 32
FieldView Online RPG seems to be an innovative map. As shown, there's obviously plenty of eye candy The terrain is well developed, the many powerful features appear to be creative and useful; your model team has plenty of solid credentials. The change log at your site indicates that revisions and updates have been undertaken since at least November of 2006.

It's to be hoped that you'll post the map in own Map Resource section, Jattenalle. The Hive occasionally attracts a user or two interested in downloading map resources: your pool of potential public play testers might skyrocket with a submission here.

As to posting a thread regarding your FVO WC3 Plugin, I believe that your best possible bet might be somewhere in our Triggers & Scripts forums: [self="http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309"]Spells and Systems[/self] should be a good choice.

Well done: we look forward to your future updates and also hope that you'll upload the most current version here.

Level 9
This looks like a awesome orpg, the terrain looks amazingly detailed, with scoping hills and scenic forests. I for one think this might be a o-rpg i'd enjoy playing. As long as it isn't a quest to find the rigged loot like every other o-rpg that becomes popular.

Level 2
As long as it isn't a quest to find the rigged loot like every other o-rpg that becomes popular.

Both me, dsamlk and Z!re hate that just as much as you do. We are trying our best to brainstorm several epic questlines spanning over all the maps with a rich lore and history. What I in particular aim for is to make the stories interesting and involving enough to make you want to replay the game to reveal the story from all different points of view.

Oh and to actually answer you, simply put, that won't be the case. Since that was more or less what happened with the old A195 and because of Z!re's hax, we can now do lots of stuff that wasn't possible before, like thousands of items and several slots to equip them. Take a hike in the snowy mountains? Better bring a jacket to keep you warm because your trusty old leather armor might help defend against angry people with pointy things, but it sure as hell won't help against the cold.
The point I'm trying to make is that we try to make all items useful in different situations. Sometimes your super-elite-hax gear you thought was awesome just won't cut it because you're fighting in the wrong environment.

Level 24
that's a fantastic way to completely invalidate excellent or overpowered gear depending on location. and it's definitely original, i don't see many games that take things like that in account.

Level 4
Progress update:
* Most of the terrain is completed
* Doodads are still being placed
* JASS scripting has started
* Implementation of FVO WC3 Mod nearly completed
* Backstory and lore being written
* Gameplay mechanics finalized
* Several quests created
* Drafts of the other maps in the series: B200, C200 and D200 are being made
Several new screenshots have been uploaded to the official project site.

Level 4
now this seems to be a interesting map, any ETA?

We're pushing for an open beta, no ETA though (A few weeks? Don't hold me to that)
The beta will most likely NOT feature the FVO WC3 Mod, more info.

As an alternative to the FVO WC3 Mod we will implement a novel -save/-load system allowing players to save only the information they want.
Instead of having a huge -load code, you could do:
-save level
Which would give you only a few characters of code.

This would allow the map to be played in "true" multiplayer, which will help in the spreading of it.

Level 4
Some of the lore was just released over at the official site, you can read it, and comment on it, here: http://fieldview.mine.nu/fvorpg/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85

And for those too lazy to click the link, here's the thing copy-pasted:
[...] The Creator Gods were not pleased with these events. They ordered their creations to
eradicate the humans, the orcs and everything that had been tainted. This, however, was futile.
The orcs and humans had spread too far and were extremely savage. Thus the Gods decided to confront
the little God and Edar themselves. A fierce battle on the celestial plane took place.
Edar proved too strong while the little God proved adept at planning ahead and remained out of their reach for several millenia.
Finally, after a long battle, the Creator Gods trapped the little God.

They were furious and as a result, they banned the little God to the Nether planes.
The little God swiftly adapted to the harsh nether planes,
using his cunning he had gained after observing his creations for such a long time.
He quickly rose in the ranks, reaching the upper planes after nothing more than mere millenia,
to where most nethers had struggled for aeons to reach.

Due to his quick ascent he was treated with cautious admiration and respect.
After stealing the throne of the nether the little God was finally awarded with a name, Akulis,
a celestial word with the equivalent meaning of 'devil' in our tounge.

Truly, he was feared and respected as a devil amongst devils.
'One step closer to Celestia, one step closer to revenge' Akulis thought.
After thousands of years of constant struggle, the real battle would finally begin.
To overthrow, no, to eradicate the Gods who banished him,
To bring eternal suffering and pain to the one who tricked him was now not far away.
There were still many years of planning ahead, but those years would be well spent. [...]
Please use the official FVORPG forum for comments, as 1nfektion rarely visit the hive. I'm sure he'd appreciate your comments and thoughts.

Level 4
Many more screenshots added, have a look at the gallery section on the official site: http://www.fvorpg.com/?screens

Some public testing should begin in a few days (Battle.net: Northrend, games hosted by either Jattenalle or 1nfektion)

And as always, if you have any suggestions please post them either here or on the official forum: http://www.fvorpg.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4
We're also happy to answer any questions you might have.

Level 4
Yep. If you want a full pwnage terrain, you will have to follow my instructions, but only once i download map, paly it, and open it in we, to see terrain structure.
So you haven't tried the map but decided to complain about the terrain anyways? And you can't even point out where it's not meeting your standards?

Hey, just to tell you, there are different way to make someone get kicked if they type a cheat, like just make a simple trigger if they type that, then kick player.. lol, it shouldnt be that hard o_O :grin:
Cheats don't get passed to the chat trigger.

I have seen the screens.
So tell us which screen you're talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
Here's how you stop cheating... turn of save codes if there's only one human player. Let them load, but don't let them save. It's not even that hard... They get to cheat, and the online community is safe from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.