• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Field of Flowers - Druid Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello, I just tried to do the spell by myself but it simply doesn't look good. Maybe someone is more creative than me~

I want a spell that creates a field of flowers (range 300) that lasts for 10 seconds. As long as friendly units stand in it, it heals them every second.

The flower fiel should consist of different flowers (maybe small trees and bushes..just a beauiful field :p) and if its possible they somehow grow from the ground and dont pop up instant?!

Or if it is only possible to make them appear instantly, then maybe add a special effect over it that hides the spawn for a second and also fits to the atmosphere. And last but not least maybe a shining light that comes from the sky and shines on the field.

Would be awesome if someone could do this.

Thank you.

Level 12
_,.-~;'`';~-.,_,.-~;'`';~-.,_,.-~;'`';~-.,
Light Model by Tranquil
Flowers by kellym0

wtf..that's beautiful man! thank you. Too bad. i know the position of the flowers is random. I already tried to make a perfect circle but without math that's not possible. or I just spawn like 300 Flowers but that looks bad.

Looks like its leakless and MUI.

Level 21
What's so hard about the math? Ask and you will be helped.
Here's a tip how to make them appear random while being placed fairly consistently:

Make multiple circles of flowers where the distance between flowers in a circle is the same as the distance between circles.
Then randomize the position of every flower by placing it in a slightly different direction from where the circle would put it.

Attached is an example spell that uses this method for deciding where to put the fire effects.

Attachments

• InfernoTest.w3x
    22 KB · Views: 71
Level 12
What's so hard about the math? Ask and you will be helped.
Here's a tip how to make them appear random while being placed fairly consistently:

Make multiple circles of flowers where the distance between flowers in a circle is the same as the distance between circles.
Then randomize the position of every flower by placing it in a slightly different direction from where the circle would put it.

Attached is an example spell that uses this method for deciding where to put the fire effects.

Thank you. It's not hard with math just..it's math :ogre_rage: ill check your map out as soon as have acces to my WE again..which will be monday.

Level 21
Note that I just ripped this spell out of a map of mine, so it might not be as readable as it could be... and it's in vJASS, so you can't save. But whatever, ask if you need anything and I might be willing to write what logic I used.

Level 12
I somehow don't manage to create a total round circle with the flowers. I am also unsure if my method is MUI. A little advice is appreciated. @Xonok: i see how u made a circle that helped but my i am not sure how do implement this in my map.
I fixed it by spawning 300 flowers ^^

Level 21
My example had 160 effects for a radius of 400.

Well, here's what you do. First you make a formula for how many flowers you want in each circle. You can base it on the area of a circle or you can just do like I did, which is do:
count=2*circle+2

Now we divide the circle into this many parts by doing:
angle=360/count.

Then we choose a direction that we start drawing the circle from:
r=random(0,360)

The variable 'count' also happens to be what we use in the loop.

Loop from 1 to count. What happens in the loop(every time):
*point=center offset by circle*40 in direction r * random(-20,20)
*Create effect at point
*Increase r by angle.

The part in bold is what makes the whole thing look random.

I hope this makes things more clear. If not, I can draw a scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.