• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
1.) Is there a way to do 5% with Random number 1 through 10 less than or equaled to 10, doing.

2.) Picked unit that is that the 1 unit in a unit group or every unit in a unit group? If it's 1 unit than how do I make it so it will attack every unit in the unit group?

Level 22
1. If (Random Integer Number Between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 5....

2. I think you need to explain more. Picked Unit comes into play when you use the action Pick Every Unit in Unit Group and do Actions. It refers to one particular unit as the action loops through the unit group and picks each unit individually, but I don't know what you want to do with it....

Level 7
1.) thanks

2.) I want it to pick every single unit in a unit group not one. I'd like for it to do it so that they where all attacked at the same time as the effects for my skill would look so much kooler but if not then u've alreadly answered my question

Edit 1-

3.) is there a way to cast an ability into the sky?

4.) is there a way to send a skill from the sky down? Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 22
> I want it to pick every single unit in a unit group not one. I'd like for it to do it so that they where all attacked at the same time as the effects for my skill would look so much kooler but if not then u've alreadly answered my question

Well, the Pick Every Unit function happens all but instantaneously, so treat it like you're applying it for one unit through Picked Unit, and I don't think you'll be disappointed. :grin:

3 & 4. Maybe. If you follow these steps:

1. Give some caster unit the ability Crow Form.
2. Take the ability away.
3. Use a trigger to set the caster's Flying Height (Animation triggers).
4. Make it cast some ability.

That should allow you to cast some ability from in the air. You could possibly use the same kind of thing for casting into the air by putting a dummy target unit in the air.

I used a method similar to this in my spell Pillar of Lightning. You might see if you can learn anything from it. It's on The Helper, but here's a link if you want to see it:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68522

Even if you just look at where the lightning bolt is in the picture, you can see how it's above the ground. That's a dummy caster who had his flying height raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.