• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Felwood Survival

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Angry
Reactions: Gnuoy and Rui
I began to make this for a LAN party. With low knowledge about World Editor and no knowledge of variables at all. Thanks to alot of tutorials and enduring hours I managed to make this Coop Hero Survival map almost exactly as I wanted it to be. The only thing that is not in the map that I wanted to be in there is two more songs but then the map grew to large(On Epicwar I have uploaded a non music version being 165kb).

Well the name says it all but heres the map description for any useful info.

*You got 50 lives.
*You loses a life when the enemies reaches the heart.
*Your Hero revives after 5sec/level.
*40 levels.

After the 40 levels you can chose to exit game or play the 6 bonus levels to obtain a secret code.

Tutorials used are all from http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net

How long can you survive?

Keywords:
felwood, survival, hero, defense, hero defense, coop, lan
Contents

Felwood Survival (Map)

Reviews
15:44, 11th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 5
Well I tried the map, and heres what I thought.

The music you added, in my opinion, doesnt fit the map type at all...

Its very slow to start, and theres really nothing that makes the map stand out.

Items, heroes, and the hired units are all from wc3. So its not very original.

But, You said your new to the editor, and all things considered its a decent map. Keep working on it. 3/5

Level 3
Big thanks to the comment!

I did the map for a lan so nothing really original is done yet.
The music was just implanted to the due too my girlfriend. She love the song and due she's a gamer too, I put in the song for her.

The slow start is something I'm trying to fix.

EDIT: If you doesn't want the music. I have done a version without it. Link

Level 1
i can tell ya the difference lets sum it up generally some people usually just play with the wc3 sounds on bnet in case there should be some music in a custom map and at lan you listen to some music one of the guys have..

you know that ctrl+m solves the problem WITHOUT an extra version...?

EDIT: my review:

in one sentence, this is a enfo-like map with edited terrain but almost no real custom spells and only standard wc3 items....
2/5 lacking, would be 1/5 without the partly good edited terrain and the veeeeeeeeeery few "custom" heroes...

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks to comments :grin:

A note I like to add was that I was never aiming to make a awsome map like Enfo and such, only to make (hopefully) a balanced and difficult map for those who wished to test themself.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the other version without the music shall be no more. Going to remove the music on next update to decrease the size.