• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fel Orc - Heresiarch

,,Ah, your tears are pure ecstasy."

What the farseer of rank is to the shamans, that is the heresiarch of rank to the warlocks.
They are "the first".
They are the ones who have true power, and who are not afraid to wield it.

They are even over the Grand Warlocks.
They are the ones who even claim their power is almost comparable to that of Gul'dan.
But what quality can be compared with that of Gul'dan is her greed for power and her ruthlessness to achieve it. And his megalomania. But in the twisted society of the Fel Orcs, that's not even a problem anymore, and even if they publicly display their depravity and disdain, no Fel Orc dares to rise up against these users of the diabolical powers of the Nether.

The name I used in the picture for the hero, as well as the class name for this unit, are supposed to be a little silent tribute to the mod that brought me to this website for the first time so many years ago, which unfortunately was never completed and has now completely disappeared, except for small old mentions here and there.
I hope this doesn't break any rules.

Again, the Facefx is separate:

https://www.udrop.com/file/97L4/Felorc_Heresiarch.facefx_ingame
Previews
Contents

Fel Orc - Heresiarch (Model)

Fel Orc - Heresiarch_Icons (Icon)

Fel Orc - Heresiarch_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
This beast has 52 geosets. Impressive.
Level 14
It works and looks great ingame and I'm truly amazed how you add these Gul'dan-ish things to make him look more threatening and powerful. And animations, of course - I'm curious if they're from Medivh?

The only thing I wonder is if he could mount a felhound to be more different from your Deathshaper (and closer to some kind of Fel Farseer) in terms of general design. Although IDK if it is even possible now...

Level 9
It works and looks great ingame and I'm truly amazed how you add these Gul'dan-ish things to make him look more threatening and powerful. And animations, of course - I'm curious if they're from Medivh?

The only thing I wonder is if he could mount a felhound to be more different from your Deathshaper (and closer to some kind of Fel Farseer) in terms of general design. Although IDK if it is even possible now...

I think that would take a lot of extra work and I can only imagine how long it took just to make this guy. I do like that idea though but I think it's still a job well done in the case of having an Fel Orc spellcaster Hero.

Level 34
I think that would take a lot of extra work and I can only imagine how long it took just to make this guy. I do like that idea though but I think it's still a job well done in the case of having an Fel Orc spellcaster Hero.

The figure actually lasted the longest. This is true.
But rather through continuous design changes and the lack of a detailed, well thought-out goal. So I hadn't planned the heresiarch that way. It "evolved" to what you see. That ate most of the time.
I sometimes had 3-4 Heresiarch-WIP.mdx in my folder, all with different animation approaches or design directions... which I later rejected.:xxd:

The heresiarch animations are not from Medivh. He and Medivh both have their animations from the same origin: The Druid of the Talon from the Night elves.:wink:
But I like the idea, not on a Felhound but maybe on a Felbound Wolf, that kind of thing. But I have to dig into that first. So... how that works with rider and mount animations.
I haven't done it yet, but I'll find out. (Even if I have to get on the nerves of a certain person again. I'm almost sorry for that already.:grin:)

But first I finish my last Fel Orc so that the unit list is ready first.

Level 9
The figure actually lasted the longest. This is true.
But rather through continuous design changes and the lack of a detailed, well thought-out goal. So I hadn't planned the heresiarch that way. It "evolved" to what you see. That ate most of the time.
I sometimes had 3-4 Heresiarch-WIP.mdx in my folder, all with different animation approaches or design directions... which I later rejected.:xxd:

The heresiarch animations are not from Medivh. He and Medivh both have their animations from the same origin: The Druid of the Talon from the Night elves.:wink:
But I like the idea, not on a Felhound but maybe on a Felbound Wolf, that kind of thing. But I have to dig into that first. So... how that works with rider and mount animations.
I haven't done it yet, but I'll find out. (Even if I have to get on the nerves of a certain person again. I'm almost sorry for that already.:grin:)

But first I finish my last Fel Orc so that the unit list is ready first.

Yeah a Fel infused wolf would be magnificent.

Level 9
could be good for Mazrigos or Thok'feroth
None of them according to the lore were Fel Orc's at all. I think this may be an issue on Blizz's part for not making these two specific characters more fitting. I would imagine them more to be Orc warlocks instead of Farseers since they delved in Shamanistic power which no way can summon any demon, they would have to be Warlocks and be nice to even have a Blackrock version to be fitting within the WC3 timeline/WoW classic era. Be nice to have a regular Orc warlock hero though for sure. Could replace these guys in the campaign.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
None of them according to the lore were Fel Orc's at all. I think this may be an issue on Blizz's part for not making these two specific characters more fitting. I would imagine them more to be Orc warlocks instead of Farseers since they delved in Shamanistic power which no way can summon any demon, they would have to be Warlocks and be nice to even have a Blackrock version to be fitting within the WC3 timeline/WoW classic era. Be nice to have a regular Orc warlock hero though for sure. Could replace these guys in the campaign.

I think a green orc reskin should do it

edit: also, Jubei'thos was a Fel Orc; probably due to direct exposure to the Demon Portal, perhaps we could apply the same premise to the two?

Last edited:
Level 34
The way you named it looks like a compound word of "heresy" and "arch."
"A heresiarch (also called an arch-heretic), is an originator of a heretical doctrin, or the founder of a sect that sustains such a doctrine."
You was on the right way. ^^
I figured that since the orcs (who did not belong to Thrall's New Horde) in Warcraft 3 call the Burning Legion "Demon Masters" and since these orcs are also called "demon-worshiper-orcs", I thought that would be appropriate.
With the new horde the old belief in nature and the ancestors is coming again and the "demon worshipping" has been banned. In other words, all demon worshiping orcs are heretics and their highest "religious" leader is therefore the devils-magic-wielding Heresiarch.

edit: also, Jubei'thos was a Fel Orc; probably due to direct exposure to the Demon Portal, perhaps we could apply the same premise to the two?

Is Jubei'Thos really an "Fel Orc"?
The problem is, the word "Fel Orc" is too weakly outlined by Warcraft. In Warcraft 3: Classic, I would have been by your side immediately.
But since the appearance of a "real Fel Orcs" has become more precise since WoW: TBC and since the new representation of Jubei'Thos in Reforged (and at the same time the representation of Fel Orcs there) I am no longer so sure whether he is a " right "Fel Orc.
I prefer to call such orcs "Chaos Orcs" (after the old name from Warcraft 3: RoC). Orcs which show a stronger change due to demonic influences (red skin / no spiked outgrowths like in Jubei'Thos, or spickey outgrowths but no red skin like in Gul'dan and the Warlord model) but have not yet completely mutated into a Fel Orc.

I will not do a reskin for this model.
If the muse smooches me quite violently, I might someday do an "Arch Warlock" for the demon-worshiping orcs.
Until then: The model of the "Stormreaver Warlock" also has a hero glow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Level 9

Jubei'Thos was most likely the only one who was corrupted further than the rest of the Blackrock Orc's but even then he wasn't a full blown psycho Fel Orc with spikes.