• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fel Horde Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
ForgottenNightmare tell me to give ideas for the fel horde race I will use this for my map too.
UNITS:
Peon:worker(Peon model)
Grunt:can learn chaos axes(Grunt model)
Raider:can learn wolf rage and throwing nets(raider model)
Dragonmaw Nether Drake rider:can learn poison spears(Ujimasa nether drake rider)
Warlock:Curse,Firebolt,Cripple(orc warlock)
Death Knights:Arise,sacrifice and Death Coil.(Scars of Conflict Death Knight
Ogre Magi:eye of kilrogg,unholy rage and bloodthirst(ogre mage model)
Ogre Mauler:can learn maul and ogre skin(ogre mauler model)
Clefthoof rider:war drums(kodo model)
Crossbowman:can learn searing arrows(crossbowman model)
Nether whelp(nether whelp model):goblin_boom:
ALL ORC UNITS CAN BECOME FEL ORCS

HEROES:
Axemaster:can learn axestorm,chopping axe,Aura of Blood and fel rage(grommash model)
Elder Warlock:Curse,drain,infernal rain and chaos(Guldan model)
Ogre Lord:earthshock,battle roar,ogre rage and engage(ogre lord model)
Battle Masters:fireblast,battle fury,illusion and war charge(orc warchief model or thrall model)

Level 20
Ok seems this group need to be reminded of few guidelines and some basic race making rules.

First, this group has rules and I would like people to remember Rule #5 Quote:
- Do not make new discussion unless the race is approved.
Reason is there are 17 discussions that you see. I on the other hand can see all 40. To make discussion I suggest first that race be in at least beta stage and by that I mean have playable map and at least some progress that people can test and give ideas. No more concepts that die after 4-5 posts. Use Race projects for concepts better.

Second there is tutorial on How to create custom race by first group owner Interceptor. These are guidelines you need to have in mind though there are a lot of things that should be considered like what abilities fit units and what heroes (also simply making OP ability and upgrade does not mean its balanced). You don't have to follow ever guideline if you can make balanced alternative. In fact it is good idea to think outside of box and make your race not clone of existing race. Also I suggest to use this system by Mephestrial for implementing new race. I may one day write more guidelines regarding what should and should not be done when making race.

Seeing as there is sudden interest again in this group I hope we all can make it functional again or at least help each other to actually create and finish new races.
Rules:
- Everything established in THW forum is valid here.
- Abusing any given powers result in expelling you without any warning or compromise.
- Decisions regarding this group are posted ONLY in Announcements, else they are ignored.
- Major members/vice moderators are Kyrbi0, Interceptor, Wazzz, Misha, tleno and Chaos.
- Do not make new discussion unless the race is approved.
Seriously does anyone respect my authority? There are in total 42 discussions in this group...

Level 20
You just got F from Warcraft Lore. They were from there since Warcraft 1. Even in Wow you can find Fel Orcs and ogres together in dungeons but most are still enemies.

Anyway I can either say what I think here or you can read my Guidlines I just wrote and guess my opinion. I will question Dargonmaw Dark Shaman name as it is too long and Fel Orcs don't follow shamanism, a necrolyte would be lore appropriate. Orc Warlock should be just Warlock really. Well ok Ogre Lord is to generic and Warchief is title held by 1 person and not class.

Level 20
Dark Horde and Fel Horde are two separate things but Ogres are seen in both. That's not an example of shaman its the only shaman in Fel Horde. Shamanism is practiced by New Horde (or Thrall horde) but the others still use demonic powers and not spiritual and you can't use both duo to nature of shamanism and fel powers. If you mean Death Knight from wc2 era it could work but if you mean modern type then you have odd idea of what spellcaster is.

Level 20
I don't say there aren't death knights in Fel Horde, in fact Theron Gorefinder leader of second war era Death Knights is leading them personally. I am saying they are Death Knights from Gul'dan era when they were fragile casters made by corpses of dead paladins and souls of dead warlocks. Modern Scourge/Ebon Blade Death Knights are not caster unit they are far more powerful and not fragile at all, its basic lore. I am speaking English so I don't see why people can't understand what I say. Like people here just read half of what I say.

You have no obligation to change it I am just saying nercolyte fits lore standards (they were part of Horde since Warcraft 1) and gameplay standards, it is entirely your choice what will be in your race.

Oh and "There are" not "They are".

Well here is what I think for the Fel Horde. Pretty much most of the aspects of the Fel Horde will be similar to that of Thrall's Horde. The only exception is as one would expect Shaman are replaced with the Fel Orc Warlock and not all of the buildings and units are used. For example, Grom's Fel Orc Kodo Beast will not be used, nor will any trolls or tauren be used.

-----------Editted-------------

Basic Worker:

Fel Peon- build Fel Horde Buildings and collects the resources you would need.

Tier 1 Units:

Fel Grunt- basic melee striker with brute strength and the berserk ability.

Voidwalker- basic ranged attacker with a ghostly appearance and the forked lightning ability.

Demolisher- basic ranged siege weapon with the burning oil ability.

Tier 2 Units:

Fel Raider- basic melee siege unit with a trusty and speedy wolf for a ride. Has the Ensnare ability.

Inferno Contraption- a weapon that is almost capable of being a one unit siege weapon. Can summon Infernos.

Fel guard- A melee siege demon.

Temptress- a female demon that is attractive, cunning, and can charm someone into betraying their own people. Makes a good unit to have in small raiding parties.

Fel Warlock- basic spell caster. casts firebolt, cripple, and demonic frenzy.

Tier 3 Units:

Nether Dragon- ultimate aerial and siege unit. Immune to spells and can devour other units for health.

Buildings:

Pretty much the same only replace the Tauren Totem with Fel Horde modifed Nether Dragon Roost and replace Burrow with either Fel Burrow or Fel Pig Farm.

Great Hall- Stronghold- Fortress: produces Fel Peons

Barracks: Produces Fel Grunts, Voidwalkers, and Demolishers also contains upgrades for these units.

War Mill: basic drop off point for harvested lumber. Contains upgrades for specific units of the horde.

Watch Tower: basic defensive tower.

Altar of Storms: basic point of summoning and reviving heroes.

Beastiary: Produces Fel Raiders, Inferno Contrations, and Fel guards. Also contains upgrades for specific units.

Shadow Lodge (Spirit Lodge model)- Produces Fel Warlocks and Temptresses. Also contains upgrades for specific units.

Nether Dragon Roost- Produces Nether Dragons.

Heroes:

Fel Blademaster (Chaos Grom model or Chaos Blackrock Clan Blademaster model)- Abilities are Wind Walk, Mirror Image, Cleaving Attack, and Bladestorm.

Fel Beast Knight (Fel Orc Warchief model)- Feral Spirits, Summon Fel Hounds, Summon Fel Elemental, Earthquake.

Demon Lord (Archimonde model or Kil'jaeden model)- Finger of Death, Chain Lightning, Rain of Chaos, Dark Portal.

Pit Lord- Howl of Terror, Cleaving Attack, Rain of Fire, and Doom

Level 20
Wow... Ok please forgive me if I am rude (and honestly I have to be) but there is nothing innovative there. Yes it is completely justified to keep old orc units but nothing stops you from being creative when replacing trolls and taurens. You just mixed Demon units and Fel Orcs units and the end. To be more specific.

Void Walker as basic ranged unit. Why do you think it would be good idea to make early unit capable of using MultyTarget ability like forked lightning. It is already bad idea to give hero/creep abilities to units that you can mass produce but at least people usually make either fragile caster or expensive tier 3 units to use abilities like that. And why not just use Fel Orc Crosbowman?

Inferno Contraption well... Inferno is 6th level hero ability. Don't make units have those unless nerfed. Also I hope you would at least make it be an actual siege unit and not chaos attacking ranged unit.

What is the point of fel guard when you have fel rider? Orc Riders are siege attackers and if you say he will have chaos attack well it will just make unit able to counter any armor.

Temptress... well banshee at least suicides so unit possession wouldn't be overpowered.

Nether Drake sounds like it is based of level 10 dragon creep... Yeah that is Overpowered.

And Heroes are hardly better as they are kinda same as heroes from campaigns.

Fel Blademaster is Blademaster just has cleave. Why exactly? You already have pit lord.

Fel Beast Knight is hero remind of that hero from Blizz map i think was called destiny chasers or something. He appears creative compared to other heroes but still 3 spells and all are summons. I guess he is great early hero.

Archimond... ok finger of death is instant kill, rain of chaos are 4 infernals and Dark Portal are permanent Doom Guards and fell Stalkers. Yeah you'll have nightmare balancing this hero.

Pit Lord... well everyone already has that hero in Tavern.

So my conclusion is simple. Get rid of burning legion and make this race proper Fel Horde for a start. Then actually add proper casters and air units, and tier 3 melee unit (you didn't replace tauren with anything) and custom heroes not copy paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.