• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Lesson 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
11: about crash

its not crash itself, you could say the function tree call or thread crash because crash as is I myself imagine as game crash which will certainly not happen

14: smallest type

actually, boolean is 1 byte(8 bits) which is 256 values, integer is 4 bytes(32 bits) which is a lot more so no integer is not smallest data type in Jass

15: intial value and pointers

you could mention that in GUI all variables are set to null by default(handle types) or equivalents(0, false)

Also from strings you got to pointers, I thought you were learning vJass not C/C++ so pointers should be kept away from the tutorials

16 uselessness

line 16-50 totally useless, again you are learning vJass and none of this information is any needed anyways(maybe \n, \t)

Thats my feedback to lesson 2

Level 31
its not crash itself, you could say the function tree call or thread crash because crash as is I myself imagine as game crash which will certainly not happen

Too early for that. Introduce thread crashes when threads are introduced, lol.

actually, boolean is 1 byte(8 bits) which is 256 values, integer is 4 bytes(32 bits) which is a lot more so no integer is not smallest data type in Jass

ur wrong, mag's right

Also from strings you got to pointers, I thought you were learning vJass not C/C++ so pointers should be kept away from the tutorials

not useless at all, you work a lot with your own pointers later on

line 16-50 totally useless, again you are learning vJass and none of this information is any needed anyways(maybe \n, \t)

just listed them all, and what chars work and what don't

Status
Not open for further replies.